Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Janey Turns 10!

SO, Janey is 10 years old. It seems so weird to think, "I have a 10 year old." It is even weirder to hear my daughter say, "Can you believe you have a ten year old?," in a very teenagish sort of way. Janey is acting so old in some ways, but thankfully she acts very young some times too. She is growing so fast and such a joy to be around. I appreciate how much she helps me, but I appreciate even more that she wants to spend time with me. At least once a day she will ask if the two of us can do something, such as, play a game or just talk. In fact, we just finished making cup cakes that she made all by herself with me supervising. We had to make cupcakes because they do not tempt me. :)
Most of you know that I am a sucker for birthdays . The one with the birthday pretty much is ruler of the house for a day. Needless to say, that was a very busy day. I ran around trying to make her day perfect and very special. We still didn't manage to get everything in, but it touched me to see how unselfish Janey is. She has her moments (like all of us) when something doesn't go the way she had hoped, but all in all Janey is always looking for how she can make others around her happy. We love you, Janey! You are so special and sweet. Always remember who you are!
Now on a fun note. I will post two cute comments from the day's events:

Seth- "goll Janey, you still look nine to me, but to think you are really 10!"

The neighbor girl brought over a gift, so I said, "oh honey, that is very sweet, but you didn't have to get her anything." In which she replied,
"Oh don't worry, I didn't. I just found a toy in my room we don't play with anymore."

I'm sure there were more, since kids (especially mine) always seem to be talking, but those are the two that really stuck.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the recycled toy line. Happy Birthday Janey!

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday, Janey!! Your kids are just too cute. :)