Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

lesson for the day...for life

I have learned not to judge over and over again. By the stupid things I do everyday, I remind myself that I am so far from perfect and can not in any way pretend to be better than someone else. It is harder when you see someone react in a selfish or rude manner. Something inside me thinks, “can’t we just all get along?” When that thought comes though, I am reminded of my own bad days and lost temper. Then there are the times it was totally unintentional.

I still remember one morning when I was in high school and I ran out of contacts, but my glasses were at the school. I am basically blind as a bat. I can make out big objects in their big fuzzy forms, but no detail what so ever a yard past my face. I lived close to the school and would have just walked, cutting through the field like I did so often, but I needed to go somewhere right after school so needed the car. I drove. i was so focused on the road, knowing it was a short drive, and I just wanted to arrive alive.

It wasn’t until later in the day I had people ask if I was having a better day. “I waved to you, but you only gave me a dirty look and kept on driving,” Someone said. “I waved and I know you saw me, cause you looked right in my direction,” said another. Little did they realize, I was not giving dirty looks but squinting in order to see the road right in front of me. It reminds me to not assume I know what is going on.

the reminder is needed some days more than others. Today I was in a store and from a couple isles away i could hear a lady who sounded irritated, but I couldn't’t make out her words. They just sounded harsh. As I neared, I heard her addressing the young man standing in line behind her. She telling him, “Could you move back? You really need to step away, you are in my personal space.” The young man said something quietly then she continued to tell him she had a cold and he now had it and it served him right. I heard her berate the cashier and continue to rant in her harsh fashion.
At first I was embarrassed for her, then a little disgusted, but soon I realized I have no idea what this lady’s life has been like. Maybe she wasn’t loved much as a child. I sure can’t relate to that. Maybe she just found out a family member as a month to live. I decided that as much as I would have liked to believe I would never be cruel to those around me, you just never know and its best to just love and help everyone.

I am still learning this lesson and so many more, but I hope today’s reminder will help me the next time I am tempted to judge.

Have a nice night everyone!

No comments: