Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

spring break

Well, it has been over a week since I wrote and my goal was to write at least once a week. I have been doing more in my own journal that I sometimes put this off, but I shouldn't because this is a journal for my kids. I want each of my sweet kids to know how much I love them, and to know I really do try my best. Sorry if you need therapy later kids.... I'll pay half. :)
So for General Conference, we bought wood crafts for the kids to work on while they listened. I know I always listen better if my hands are busy, whether taking notes or knitting, whatever. You can see Jeb's alligator in his hand. He carried it everywhere and painted it blackish green later.

Her is Kaze's princess.
Seth is my patient one. I bought him the wolf puzzle a while back and he asked me to help him. I took one look and said, "sorry bud, that's not my thing... if you wait for Dad, he can help you." in other words, "good luck with that." Seth stayed in his room (missing dessert even) and worked on it. Three hours later, he had it completed. For conference we bought him three more. He asked Brett for help on the Elk. Brett took a look and said about what I did. Two hours later Seth had the Red Fox completed and the Elk almost done. He is a smart thing. Oh, and that goes both ways.
I was dancing in the kitchen and the cute neighbor boy said, "you're funny," to me. Seth said just loud enough for me to hear, "you mean embarrassing." He has a great sense of humor that is quick and usually quiet. I love that kid!
This is Jeb's new form of communication. We have these twin neighbor boys that moved in next door and they are in Jeb's kindergarten class. They are Jeb's best buddies. I asked Jeb what he was doing and he answered, "just yelling over to see if they're awake yet. I don't think they are, so I have to do a little more yelling." I told him their mom probably wouldn't like that.
*he almost blends in with the fence, huh?
This is Kaze and Jeb playing with those cute neighbor boys and their little brother by the chicken coop.
Jeb has been outside rain or shine lately. It rained half this day, but Jeb doesn't seem to mind. He is always in shorts if I let him and usually forgets about a coat and hat until I remind him. He does wear his boots though, so I should be glad for that. Right here, he was working hard to find worms to feed the chickens. He made it his job. He was so excited and proud of himself when he came in at night just how big the worms he found were. Kaze was in charge of the worms Jeb found until they were fed to the chickens. It was funny, when I was checking on them, I asked where Kaze was. Jeb answered, "She is in the worm museum!"
Jeb going to town.
Janey re-wrote the three little pigs and had everyone play a part. You can only guess that Kaze was the wolf and loved yelling her part. It was funny to watch how Janey and Jeb played their part, perfectly following the script. Yet Seth, my more reserved one, hammed it up. I laugh when Brett tells me some of the things he and his brothers did and in honestly, I should add still do, for they are a goofy bunch. I can see that silly flare in each of my kids- some more than others. It is funny to me, to see how genes are passed down. How some things are taught while others inherited.
Now a little something about me. I love to bake as most of you know, but I just found out I have Celiac disease (which just means I can't have gluten). The reason I mention this, is because I sometimes post recipes. I will still post regular good for everyone recipes, but sometimes, as I find good ones that are gluten-free, I will post some of those as well. I don't have any to share as of yet, because the gluten-free bread I made, though not bad tasting was more of a heavy biscuits than bread. :) Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

From what I've seen of gluten-free bread, that is what they all are... heavy. I'm so proud of you Mary for taking this new *big* change in stride. I sure love you!

Ethington Family said...

Thanks Mandi! you're the best!

Marc and Rachael said...

Try Grandpa's flour, I used it while I was on the celiac diet for a while trying to figure out my issues... sorry to hear about that one... it is tough, but, you'll do great!!!