Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FINALLY... an up-date :)

                                           Brett and Seth's hunting trip in late summer 2011

                                          Seth and Brett Spencer

Can it really be almost October!?  I can’t believe it has taken me so long to up-date our life happenings, and no way am I going to “catch up” completely, so I guess I will start at the recent and back track if I must.
Janey, Seth and Jeb are in school all day.  It is weird, being just Kaze and me everyday.  She is funny and usually manages to keep me busy.  Today, while trying to earn stars (our payment system) she was singing, “Gone is the looser...  I am the champion... OF THE WORLD!” over and over.  I might remind you the girl is 3!  She sometimes surprises me with how much she knows or how old she acts, but mostly I am just trying to contain her a little.  She does not lack in confidence, self independence or directness.  I can’t tell you how many times a day I remind her, “we’re nice though, huh Kaze?  We like to talk nice?”  She, I’m sure is rolling her eyes, but my belief is, if I say it enough, she will agree.
Janey loves her teacher and school.  She is growing so much and loves being in Young Women’s.  I have to admit, it is a little crazy that she is old enough to be in YW but I too, love it.  It is so fun to see her come out of her shell a little and seeing her personality grow even more.  I love hearing about her activities and watching her develop.  She is such a sweetheart and a very good sister.
Seth likes school has class with his two best friends.  It helps that one of his friend’s mom works at the school everyday and always requests that they be in the same class.  Seth is a great student and has come so far in his reading.  I love Seth’s willingness to help me whenever I ask, and he is so loving and kind to everyone in the family.  
Jeb is the happiest kid I know.  He always has a smile on his face, which he is quiet proud of these days with 8, scratch that, 9 teeth missing.  Speaking of teeth, that poor kid is so good about flossing and brushing, yet has so much work that needs to be done on those remaining teeth.  I have to admit I was hoping all the problem ones would just fall out.  After going to the dentist twice in the last couple months and them telling me how much it will cost, but that is not the worst part.  Jeb does not like (that is an understatement) ANYONE in his mouth.  He freaks out from the moment they have him say OWWWW, until he can climb out of the seat.  They are never able to finish the work they have planned and have finally set up to have him put to sleep and do all the work at once.  I was just overjoyed since that will only  cost me an extra thousand dollars. 
I am doing good and enjoy spending time with my kids and husband whenever I can.  I still like cleaning and baking and reading and exercising and playing with me kids and teasing my husband.  So I haven’t changed much this year, except for a few more wrinkles and several more grey hairs.  
Brett just got back from hunting with his older brother, Rob.  He had a great time and I think wished he would have stayed longer.  At least long enough to see Rob bag a mountain sheep.  Brett has been able to go on a couple hunting trips this year and always loves that time.  Seth went with him on the last one.  It is great to see the two of them look forward to that time together.  Jeb can hardly wait till he is a little older and can join them.  Brett is such a great dad, following his own Dad’s example.  He is always taking the kids out with him places, on dates or just loves staying home with us all.  I sure love having Brett home and am grateful for him in my life.   


1 comment:

Rachael said...

We love new posts!