Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Almost Valentine


Today I saw the too extremes in my girls.  Kaze who is 4 going on 13 and Janey who actually is going on 13 acting a little too sweet to be real.
Kaze can be such a sweetheart.  She loves helping me out and talks in her sing song voice saying things like, “you the most beautiful mommy.”  or “hi there, sweet,beautiful mommy.”  The the other day as we were driving she told me she wanted me to be her bestest buddy.  I told her we already are best buddies. She smiled and said, “Your right, we go shopping togeder, and drive togeder,” she then looked out the window and continued, “we look at trees togeder and grass togeder and see water bottles togeder,” and then proceeded to name everything she saw.  I had to work hard not to laugh out loud.  She finished by telling me I was the biggest mommy in the whole world.  Not quiet the compliment I was holding my breath for, but I knew in her little mind that was the best compliment she could give and it made me smile and think how lucky I am.  
Now skip ahead to today.  Kaze was a little more emotional today, as it happens it seemed to change for the better when Brett told her she could play on his phone.  She was sweet Kaze all over again.  But as quick as girls emotions can change, it did.  No teenager I know as anything on Kaze.  Brett took the phone back and before I know it Kaze is crying and screaming as she is marching off, “DON’T TALK TO ME!”  She see me about ready to say something and stops me by holding up her hand and screaming, “NOT ONE WORD!”  I let her walk off and clam down before I went to talked to her.  Yes, She is only four, so we are in trouble.
Then there is Janey.  She asked today if she could go to the store.  Janey is pretty even tempered and doesn’t really ask for much, so I told her I would take her after school, knowing she has been earning money and saving up.  She was taking forever at the store, so me and the boys started to wander.  I just had her meet us in the lobby.  Tonight as we set down for dinner and just after saying the pray, Janey says, “can I do something?”  She then gave each person in the family a Valentine gift.  It was so sweet and probably toke most if not all of her money.  She didn’t buy anything for herself.  
      I love my girls, and as different as they are (they are alike in a lot of ways too), it is wonderful to see their own personalities develop and shine.  Kaze has her fiesty, “don’t mess with me” moments, but she is a very loving little girl.  Janey is a preteen, but I couldn’t ask for a more thoughtful daughter.  
I feel very blessed to have four wonderful children who I love with all my heart.  So this is already an AWESOME Valentine!

1 comment:

Marc and Rachael said...

Mary, Wow! That was quite the story about getting your house. I have to say that I don't think my experience with our house even holds a candle to your experience. Quite amazing! You deserve to have something great! Miss you and hope to see you next time you are here.
Rachael