Holy Cow, I think I did this right. Well in that case, I will tell a little bit about the kids. Starting with our newest addition, Lucy Kaze, is just over three months. Kaze (is what we call her) is growing fast and quickly putting on weight. She is so stinking cute. She has the cubby checks (both ends) and blue eyes. She looks like her dad (ha ha- though, she really does!) She is a fun little girls. She loves her daddy, saving most of her smiles for him.
Jeb is funny and busy. He popped my exercise ball the other day, and then looked at me like I was crazy for not enjoying the sound of all the air releasing. He is very independent and wants to do everything for himself. I have noticed that he spends a good amount of time in our pantry finding something to eat. He is always trying to pour his own chocolate milk, and not usually making the cup. He is pretty big for a three year old, just weighing around 40 lbs. I think I am starting to understand why he only weighs 2 pounds less then Seth who is 6.
Seth, when hungry, asks me to make or get him something to eat. He only says it once though, and then continues to play. I then forget until an hour later that he mentioned he was hungry. By then he is no longer hungry or too picky to eat what I make. Jeb on the other hand doesn't wait for me at all, in fact I rarely know when he has sneaked something else out of the pantry. I think it helps that he is not pickly either.
Jeb is very handsome and has these eyes that can melt me. When ever I am getting upset with him, he always looks at me under his eyelashes and smiles a tight lip smile. He is always saying, "sorry mom, sorry," as he is dumping out the bag of cold cereal. I believe he is trying to teach me patients, maybe if I would learn then he would stop being distructive. (probably not).
Seth is good kid who loves to make us happy. He is a great helper when it comes to anything in the house that has to be done. He would prefer to not have outside jobs, so of course Brett has him feeding the dog and helping with the chickens. He is in Kindergarten and doing well. He is reading and enjoys learning knew words.
Seth still has his own style. He loves wearing shorts whenever he can with is socks pulled way up to his knees. He likes the workout look, although he hates anything that requires too much physical effort. He loves to have his hair combed nice and to wear cologn. He is nice to everyone. Seth and Jeb are really liking the super heros and transformers. They run around in their costumes all day. Seth just started playing basketball, so now he runs in a spiderman costume bouncing a basketball. he loves it and is quite good, for never playing before. He is the youngest by two years on his team and he always makes 1-3 baskets at every game. However he likes to be a little more generous to himself then that. He told Brett, who missed the last game that he made like a hunderd baskets. Brett said, "a hunderd baskets, boy are you sure? That is a lot, I have never made that many in a game." Seth said, "no dad, I said like a hunderd."
I went... he made three.
Janey is a sweetheart (when she wants to be). She is so thoughtful and kind to everyone around her, but she is pre-teen, so sometimes she is overly emotional and stubborn. She is eight so maybe that is when it starts. Most of the time though she makes me laugh. She has learned how to use the phone, and has asked for all of her friends phone numbers which she keeps in her own personal phone book. She asks me all the time if she may call one of them. She can't understand why I don't let her call all the time. She sounds so grown up when we are talking that I want to laugh sometimes and then it hits me that she really is growing up.
Janey is a beautiful little girl who is beautiful on the inside as well. She is very athletic, but often afraid to try in a group. Watch out though when she is playing kickball with the family, she is all out to win. She has a competitiveness about her. I notice it was pretty bad, when I'm grabing all the kids a drink and she'll ask to have hers handed to her first. Then she rubs it into Seth. Which is funny because seth is not one bit competitive. Good thing though, being between Janey and Jeb who are very much so.
Janey is in second grade and seems to be enjoying it. She loves to write words and likes reading at bed time. She also is really into music, which she listens to randomly throughout the day.
I feel very blessed for the great kids we have.
Brett is great! He is such a hard worker, and enjoys his job. He is so fun to hang out with. We went on a date Friday (way overdue), and had so much fun. I love just being with him. Well enough of that.
He is forever planning his next hunt, and reading anything he can get his hands on. He is so smart, and he is probably correcting all my mis-spelled word. In my defence though, I am typing this mini novel as fast as I can, and am probably not going to do the best job proof reading it because it is almost my kid's bed time, and NOTHING gets in the way of bed time!
I am doing good. Kaze is three months and can go to the gym daycare now, so I just started really working out again (one day). I have really missed it. Walking on the treadmill at home is nice, but not good enough. And I don't think my body is ready for running yet. However I am doing a 10k next month, so it better get ready quick. I wanted something to look forward to and train for, however small. Well that is enough about me. I am very happy and our family is doing great. Don't feel like you have to read all this, because I write like I talk... a lot!
Love you guys!
mary
7:52 PM
1 comment:
Adam- hey, that was great! don't write any less. i enjoyed your "novel" very much. good luck with your 10k and hopefully we'll have you guys over sometime... i've been talking to my mom about it so it'll happen soon!
Post a Comment