Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Waiting Game!

Well I have packed everything I can pretty much pack, and so there are boxes all over Janey's room (poor Janey has no space). While I was hanging up clothes in Janey's closet, Jeb took a look around and decided it would be a perfect place to play hide and seek. I told him I had some work to finish first like hanging Janey's clothes. He pretended not to hear and started hiding telling me to count. Before I could even get to 10 Jeb informed me he was done and to look for him. If was easy to find him considering I just had to follow the voice. Once I did he told me to hide in the closet, which I did. This went on for about 10 minutes, him hiding in one of three spots and me hiding in the closet (with my arm sometimes showing as I hung something up). I did get a little creative when I was starting the next load of laundry and I hid behind that closet door. He found me pretty quickly but was proud of my efforts.

We are in waiting mode. There really isn't a hole lot to do around here for now. So on days like that I usually end up inventing something to do. I learned a HUGE lesson though. I walked Brett out to the car for work and while I was out there, decided I would take all the wood from the back of his truck and stack it in the garage. It would be easier to retrieve for the fire. So I threw out all the wood into the driveway, stacked it in the garage, then swept all my mess. After that was done I realized how dirty that left the back of the truck, so I swept it all into the wheel berrow then swept the stuff I missed and dumped it in the "forest". While I was dumping it though, I noticed that the area around the chicken coop needed to be clean. I spent some time picking things up, throwing things away and stacking tools. Then suddenly, it hit me how long all this had taken and that I left Kaze alone with JEB! So with fear in my heart that I might see eyes glued shut, I ran into the house.
Lucky, nothing so tragic. A half a gallon of milk had been spilt on the floor (but at least the soggy uneaten cereal was untouched.) I could hear Kaze crying because she was locked in her room and Jeb was perched on the couch watching a movie, seeming all to pleased with himself (watching a movie without asking and no little sister to bother him). When I went in for Kaze, my heart broke. She had tears coming down, and was so glad to see me. She did manage to empty Brett's unfinished drinks of juice onto the floor in two different spots and ripe out every blanket out of her nicely folded blanket stack, but I was just relieved she was ok.
It didn't hit me until later though, how serious that really could have been. Later that afternoon, Kaze was sitting by our legs in her room, and started doing a gagging sound. Brett looked down to find her hands shoved in her mouth. He picked her up and pulled her hands out. Thinking that was all it was. As she was turned to face me, I saw she was chocking. Brett's patted her and a marble came flying out. She cried and we hugged. I am so grateful that didn't happen while I turned clean freak and was outside. So we were once again very blessed!
I told my mom about going out to clean, and her response, "I don't think I would leave Jeb alone with Kaze, honey." Yeah, I need to think that one over. NO, he is not mean, just sometimes doesn't think (I guess that is inherited!)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Boy, I have days like that.. don't we all. I think we are trying to do so many good things and we just get side-tracked...

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your cute family. Don't feel bad about leaving the kids alone in the house I think every mom has had a moment like that. Your kids are beautiful they are the perfect mix of you and Brett.ttys

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous is me AMY I don't know how I did that.