Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Birthday!

I had a wonderful birthday! It started out with Janey's volleyball game, which they won- yeah! Then she had pictures at some school I've never been to, and though Brett wasn't with me, I didn't get too lost (so that is cause for celebration). Then, when we came home I read during the day without feeling guilt, so that was nice. Next, the kids and Brett presented me with wonderful and thoughtful gifts. They totally spoiled me and it was fun!
I got a very nice camera- hence the pictures... yeah! and beautiful flowers, and shirts, ...AND darling cards from my kids!
Then we spent the evening together. We went to "How To Train Your Dragon" in 3D. It was a great flick and we all loved it! Thanks to Jessica, I didn't take Kaze, and actually watched the movie. It was the first time for Seth and Jeb to watch 3D and they were so fun to watch. The night was so great and when we came home the kids posed for (voice change) my new camera!

I couldn't get Jeb to make any other face. I think he was still pretty pumped about the movie:)
Janey gave me the most darling homemade card:
"Mom, for your birthday I would like to give you this poem.
If I could grant you a wish or two,
it would be a thrill to do.
May your beauty never end.
May you find an LDS friend.
May you only have outdoor dogs.
May your favorite animal be frogs.
If I could grant a wish for you,
It would be a thrill or two.
By Janey
I loved it! She told me it was actually LDS neighbor, but that didn't rhythm. A family from our ward almost moved in next door and I had said that would have been cool, but it didn't work out. Anyway, it was very thoughtful and she couldn't have been more right on about the dogs. :) Although I have do have a love/hate relationship with Billy (our indoor dog). I find that I really do care for him and like that he is so great for the kids, I just HATE his smell! Even after the febrez and body spray I put on him. This was further proven when I had a stuffy nose last week, I actually allow Billy to cozy up to me, sitting on my lap! There would be some (few) benefits to not being able to smell.
This is Brett making his famous banana cream pie. It was yummy, and I made myself cheese cake too.
These are the beautiful flowers Brett gave me.
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful card, phone calls and messages. It was very much appreciated and I love you all!
*As a side note, here is what happened this week in a nut shell:
Kaze had the sliding glass door open and was hanging in and out. It was cold outside and the open door was sucking out all the warm cozy air. I told her to come in or go out, but to shut the door. She looked at me and said, "NO mom." I asked again nice and got the same response. SO, when she was hanging more out than in, I simply moved her body the rest of the way out, and shut the door. She did not like it.
She came in- ticked, walked to her room and slammed the door. Then opened her door and slammed it again. Then opened her door and slammed it again, and again. When she closed it for fourth time and before she could go for a fifth, I locked her door (because the lock is on the outside). She really didn't like that. Eventually though, she calmed and said sorry, so I let her out. *Reminder- she's only two (what is in store for me?)
We were at the church waiting for Seth to finish with scouts. We walked over to a couch where a cute girl was already sitting and sat. Jeb leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Don't tell her I'm your boyfriend."
Seth has been sleeping on the floor of his room every night (right in front of the door). I wouldn't mind, but he stays until about 10pm reading from the light of the hall way. He is reading his scriptures, so it's hard to complain. However, when it's time to wake up for school the next morning, it's hard to get him moving.
After several days of him barely making the bus and then an evening of him (all of them really) being grouchy, I told him he had to sleep in his bed. He complained that the floor was more comfortable and he never wanted to sleep in his bed... ever. Brett asked him, "Well, what will your wife say when you get married."
Without even pausing Seth answered, "She'll say, 'where are you?' and I'll say, ' on the floor."
All we could do is laugh, but he still has to sleep in his bed... except for weekends.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Your kids are so funny. I couldn't help but laugh at Jeb's happy face in those photos.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday Mary!!!!!!!

Mandi said...

Hi this is naomi your kids look so funny!