Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

My up-date Novel

Boy, it has been a while since I wrote last. So I will try to catch up a little.
We had such a fun Easter and we had a fun spring break too, even though all the kids took turns being sick. The sun was shining and it was great to be outside enjoying it. I think most days were in the high 60's low 70's. The kids also built a fort in the downstairs (with my help- so it was totally awesome!). I just want you to all know I did not make them take it down for four whole days! Which is HUGE for me. So I am feeling pretty proud of myself for chilling out in that department.

Janey is in volleyball and looks so cute on the court. She has been so nervous the first two practices and her first game, but I think she's starting to relax a little. She loves playing, and has been begging me to help her. She is getting pretty good, anyways I see huge improvement. At least now she bends her knees to play. It is a sport she wants to continue playing.

She likes school and has seemed to grow up a ton this past year. Last night I wasn't feeling the best, and she started doing the dishes without being asked. When I came in and saw her and started thanking her, she said, "And don't even think of giving me stars, either (That is payment). You do too much for us as it is." I just kissed her and said thanks, but inside I was so proud! I did promise her a date though, which would be fun for both of us. She has also been spending more time talking to me after school. She sounds so mature, and grown up when she is giving me the low down and I'm also so proud of the way she talks. She looks for the good in everyone. She is very positive and has a sensitive heart for those less fortunate. I Love that girl!

Seth is Seth, with his funky, confident style and forever organizing his stuff. He is very disciplined and helpful. He loves to spend time with Brett and there has been a few times he has had to wake up at 4:30am in order to go hunting or fishing. Brett said that on one trip, they hiked straight up a mountain and it was a couple miles. This was one of the times they left really early too. Seth did not complain one time. He was up beat and kept up. Brett was very proud and Seth had a great time. He is always asking when the next trip with his Dad is.

Did I mention he is also helpful? A while ago, we had a house full of kids, and when they left the house was trashed (as it should be:). I told Brett, go downstairs and tell the kids to clean down there and I'll clean upstairs. Brett said, "I don't know hon, it's pretty messy! I don't think they can do it by themselves." I told him they are more capable then he thinks, and to have them at least get started. In a half hour the house was clean. While I was cleaning upstairs, Seth was cleaning the downstairs BY HIMSELF. He not only made it look nice, he actually organized the toy closet the way I like, and folded all the blankets! Janey and Jeb didn't even help because they started watching a movie with Brett (gee-thanks Brett, haha:) It was great though to see Seth work. He also loves basketball and has been practicing.

Jeb is becoming Mr. do-no-wrong. Which would be great, if he was doing it for himself and not as a way to enforce Kaze. Anytime Kaze does anything he thinks she should not, he takes matters into his own hands, making my life harder. Kaze starts screaming and Jeb is bent on teaching her the correct way. I am glad he has gotten easier, leaving the destructive stuff to Kaze. Plus, we have not had any one's eye get super glued shut, but he is determined to make Kaze a perfectly obedient girl. All the stuff he never obeyed, he wants to make sure Kaze does. It's helpful sometimes, like when she is stuffing the toilet with a roll of toilet paper, and he stops her, but not when he doesn't allow her any breathing room.
Jeb is constantly saying one liners that has the whole family laughing. He is so confident and outgoing. He is my social one for sure. Well with adults he has to get to know them first. He hides behind my legs until he feels comfortable. Kids, on the other hand- even older ones (in their teens), he views as equals and thinks they're best friends right off the bat. He can come on a little strong. I blame myself. I am the same way, and he's not around friends enough to learn that not everyone needs, nor wants a hug, or to wrestle. Some of my favorite thinks Jeb has said or done lately are:
-we were waiting for the video to start and all the previews were playing. One had just finished and the screen went blank, Jeb in a very monotone, serious voice breaks the silence by saying, "Now available in DVD." It might not sound that funny, but it had us all rolling.

-I use to play volleyball on Tuesdays, but I can't now. Jeb turned to me one night and said, "I'm glad your not gone to your bounceball. I like havin' ya home."

-The last was, Brett took the boys with him to run around town. They drove past a McDonald's and Jeb starts, "Mc-Don-alds, Mc-Don-alds, MC-DON-ALDS" chant. Brett said he did it for 10 minutes without stopping or slowing down and pretty soon Seth joined in. They ended up going to McDonald's for lunch. I have one word for Brett, SUCKER! Jeb has never chanted for more than 30 seconds with me because I shut it down, and he knows I won't give in. Really though, Brett just thought it was funny and that they deserved it.

Kaze so far has, dumped white out on our new leather sectional, painted herself and carpet with a roller paint brush, used permanent marker to redecorate her bedroom (and not in a good way), gave herself a full body rub down in Vaseline. Oh, and the carpet she was standing on. She has cut her own hair- twice, she has taken crayon to the walls in the hall, dumped out half my spices, ripped off the tops to one whole batch of bread, cooked popcorn for 10 minutes in the microwave so the house filled with smoke and we still smell burnt popcorn every time we use the microwave, and several daily things I have been working on blocking out. She is all sugar and SPICE. She can be the sweetest thing in the world, like when she says, "hi, mom (in her sing- song, hi pitch voice) I love you so much." to her spice in the comment, "NO! YOU GET IT!" I love her dearly, but I also love nap time!
This morning, after I got the kids off to school I went downstairs and was checking email because it has been a while. By the time I came up, Brett was up and making his breakfast. I was surprised he was already up. He said that Kaze had come into the room and started pulling on his arm saying, "Get up! Get going! Come on!" She is a little bossy-haha. NO REALLY- she is a little boss.

Brett and I are doing great! Hope all is going well for the rest of you!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Mary, I enjoyed your undate. Reading about each of the kids was fun, and I love how you articulated each phase they are in. I can relate to many of your feelings. Your Janey sounds like my Syd, and your Kaze and my McKenna could be partners in crime. Isn't life as a mother fantastic and crazy all rolled together. It's good to hear from you.

Rachael said...

Loved the "NOw on DVD"comment--that's funny. Good to hear you are all doing so well.

Mandi said...

Good to see you back on here, Mar. We love you!