Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Random and then there is Fishing!

So must random of all is this picture. I told my sisters, my natural curly hair is more so, and now here is proof. This is 95% air dried and no curling iron, but still lots of hairspray :) But just because I love it so much- haha.
(Please don't mind the unmade bed in the back ground)
I just loved this. I went to wake Janey for school and Kaze always takes over her bed. It was cute. The flash woke Janey up and since the first picture was fuzzy, she is awake in this one, but just barely. You got to love Kaze's blankey. I have patched that thing so many times!
Now for our family night fishing! This looks deceiving. Jeb actually caught 5, Seth 2 and Janey none.
This looks a little closer to reality. The funny part was, they were all using the same bait and all within feet of each other, but Jeb caught 4 before Seth even caught his first. Jeb was loving life. He kept jumping up and down and saying, "I'm so awesome!" Janey and Seth were good sports though, they just thanked him for feeding the family.
After Jeb's first three
Seth showing maybe how he really felt about Jeb catching all the fish- haha. Love how kaze took no time in stripping down and is sunbathing in the background.
This is Seth's first fish. It took all 7 fish (as small as they were) to feed us the following night.
The proud fisherman. Quick story about Jeb. I was driving home after being at the store, where Jeb was rewarded tick tacks. Jeb was half crying and saying he changed his mind. "Changed his mind?" I thought, "About what? The Candy he got? Asking to go home?" So I asked, "bud what did you change your mind about?"
He answered and I noticed his finger digging up his nose, "I changed my mind about putting the candy up my nose." I couldn't help but laugh, but knowing they were mint tick tacks, I also felt bad for the little guy, so I showed him (more told then showed for those getting grossed out) How to blow your nose so the candy would shoot out. AND IT DID. After it shot across the seat, Jeb said, "I don't even want to eat that candy no more." I was glad.
Fish # one
Me while we're fishing, reading my book and taking pictures, plus distributing the food. My jobs!
Janey ready to receive her fishing pole
Jeb ready to go
Brett and Seth hanging back and waiting while the pole (propped in the ground) does all the work.
Now back to random. We got together with the Richardsons and one of my good friends kids came over too. It was really fun! (LOVE Brett's face in the back)

The kids!
If you haven't noticed, I've been struggling to keep Kaze dressed of late.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

the tic tac story is the best part!!!

Mandi said...

Tic Tacs are really hard on the nose holes. Poor kid. At least it came out on its own. It looks like you all had fun fishing. You'll have to tell me how you cook it. Also, I love your curly hair. So cute.