Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Visit to Utah

Our visit to Utah was a wonderful one. Along the way we stopped to stay at Brett's mom's house and we were able to visit where some family has been laid to rest. When we pulled into the cemetery, Jeb blurted out, "boy, theres a lot of dead people." Putting any seriousness we might have been feeling aside. I'm grateful we are able to visit this special place.
This is a look at what our traveling time was like
That would be Kaze trimming her nails... gross!
Me with my boys when we finally got to Dad and Mom's house.
We were able to visit with Brian and Sandi. This is Jeddy watching Brian and Brett hard at "work", and wondering if he can get that job.
Now it's time for them to relax.... Oh wait, what's that? Is Brett attempting a calf exercise? (if you look close, you will see Brett is looking cross eyed at me, since he loves (not) posing so much)
Jeddy and Jeb staying up late to play. Jeb doesn't look tired at ALL! Of course, Jeddy really doesn't :)
You got to love Sam's face!
Sandi made the girls a special slushy drink.
Look how beautiful Aunt Sandi and Kaze's eyes are!
This is Janey and Chloe in the play house/store. Aunt Sandi took them to the dollar store, where they spent a bunch of money so they could come home and let the boys buy with paper money. They are so funny. They gave out fake money for chores the boys did around the house. Then the boys could use that "money" to buy the stuff Janey and Chloe spent real money on. They all loved it and what cute little business partner! (though I would not recommend a real business partnership :)
Me with the adorable Joe (who is not smiling, but that is not because of me holding him! He smiled at me a lot!)
Joe would lean his face way down so he could rub the soft part against his face and suck his thumb.
He wrestled with his Dad.
None of our kids got too much sleep (and either did their parents). They were just having too much fun. But it was nice when Kaze would eventually crash.
I LOVE this picture. Mom was a sweetheart and watched Kaze for me a few times. We were in Utah to attend a funeral and it would have been hard (to say the least) to take Kaze.
This is skinny Lynnie! Geri Lynn... looking good!
This is Sandi trying to walk away from my camera.
David and Shannon after David won his ball game. It was so fun to watch! There were several members of my family on the team so it made it extra exciting!
This is after our girl's video night. We watched Leap Year and all loved the movie and the time together!
same thing, but with Cathy taking the picture.
I always get so mad when I realize I didn't take more pictures of the fun times, and all the people, so sorry to all those that weren't captured by film. We had a blast with all of you!
This is at Lynn and Tara's home (just so there is no confusion, Lynn is a boy name in this case- Haha)
Kaze and Ty above and Janey and Kenzy below.
Seth and Gage showing their guns, or something like that :)
It's fun that our kids are all the same age, or at least close.
This is after our mother/daughter date. It was great spending time with the girls. Thanks for the fun time!
Jeb enjoys animals. He gets that from his Dad.
Ty. What a cute little guy.
This is our trip home. Which went great until the second day of driving. Kaze got sick within the first hour home and threw up every 10-30 minutes.
We stopped at Subway for lunch. We went in hoping to stretch our legs and enjoy our food. Before we could even finish ordering, Kaze had thrown up two times. I was cleaning everything up for the second time (because NO way was I going to make two teenage boys clean up my daughter's puck) under my breath I was saying to the kids, "just grab your food and head for the door." That was when she really got started and she didn't stop til after we got home and was done unpacking.
We were pretty lucky that it was the last day of the trip, because that was GROSS! I couldn't wait to scrub everything down. She is still sick and doesn't allow me much time for anything but holding her. I hate that she is sick but love that she will actually cuddle with me. Of course, it does limit what I accomplish while she is awake. However, with her taking a couple naps right now, I still am managing to do some stuff.
It comforts me to know she is still Kaze. I was ready for the day and leaned in to kiss her and tell her I would be right back. Kaze looked me straight in the face then touched my lips- I had on lipstick which is rare for me. With her finger still pointing she said, "I love it! Love the color!" My little two year old total GIRL!
***One embarrassing but kind of funny story. On the way home I called my Mom to tell her we were about home. One of the guys answered. I said, "whose this?"
"Ron," He answered
Well I wasn't falling for that, "Oh, really? Well Ron, why Ron? Or did you say Rod? You couldn't think of anything better? Haha, like I believe you!" I laughed
"Yes, Ron. As in R-O-N."
"OKAY RON, is Mom there."
"I think you have the wrong number." was his answer
"Sure I do." was my reply. Then something happened. I suddenly realized when I had dialed Mom's number her name didn't pop up like it normally does. Realizing that, the voice on the other end suddenly didn't feel so familiar. I quickly repeated that I thought I had the wrong number and hung up.
I am sorry Ron. Whoever you are. It is a nice name, really. I blame my brothers. If not for Jed, Brian and even occasionally Mark pretending to be someone else when I call, I never would have insisted you were lying, which I am sure you never do. So with that I say sorry and good day.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

What a cute family, Maria... or did you say martha? Right. Well, like I'd believe you anyway.

Anonymous said...

haha... Thanks Mandi!