Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July Post!

SO it has been busy this summer so far, and it is hard to believe July is almost over! We went to Utah for my nephew's wedding and it was great to see so many, but we weren't there long enough to see everyone. I am hoping next visit will be a little longer.
When we got back we took turns being sick and it usually skips right over me, but I wasn't so lucky this time. I was really sick for one full day, from morning til night. It didn't help either to start that morning by waking at 2am to clean up Jeb's puck.
Then for the two following days, I wasn't too sick, but still didn't feel back to normal so I took it at a little slower pace. We did however go pick 50 lbs of blueberries and that was fun. I now have several gallon sized bags of blueberries in my freezer as well as a couple batches of jam and syrup.
Each of the kids are doing well. Kaze had an all time best Sunday. She was mostly quiet all through sacrament and then she goes to nursery so at that point I don't care how she acts :) j/k.

Jeb asks about everyday when Dad will take him fishing. Lucky for Jeb, Brett loves to take him, so they have gone often. Jeb has lost two teeth. The difference between him losing his teeth and my other kids is, when the other two had a loose tooth, they let it dangle for a week by a thread before it finally fell out or Brett rips them out in their sleep. Jeb, when first realizing they were loose, wiggled and pulled until they popped right out. I don't know if he was just hopping for some money from the tooth fairy or what. He is so proud of that hole in mouth.
Seth also loves to fish, hike, camp, hunt or anything that is outdoors or better yet, with his Dad! We were at the library so I could get some books and Seth asked, "Why is it called a Library? And why is the lady a librarian? They don't Lie, do they?" Something to think about.

Janey is growing so much. She and I have been reading my journal from when I was younger. It is funny to say the least. I have to read it because my spelling is so bad she can't figure what I am trying to say. I started this journal when I was 11 and within 45 pages I'm 15. At one point Janey was laughing because I sound incredible immature and stupid and I went to say something like, hey I was only 14 and then thought better of it since Janey, who is 10 was the one thinking it was sappy and ridiculous.
It has been fun reading, even if it is a little embarrassing. It has been bonding regardless.

Brett has been a huge help lately, even taking Jeb and Kaze to the doctors for their shots. Jeb, who screams like his arm has been cut off before they even put out the needle, was not happy about going. It did however lessen his pain when Brett joked that Seth was going to have 15 shots before school started. Brett is anxious about his mule being born and busy with work, family and animals as usual.
I am doing great! I picked up a cute little bunny for Janey yesterday and she is thrilled. I thought too late about using it as part of her birthday present so I guess it's a freebie. This is where Brett would say I'm so cheap. And yes, I am :)
Love you family and friends! Hope you are enjoying your summer and all is well!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

You can tell Seth that yes, the library does lie. But only when you say it the way you do.

You know I love you.