Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

August Post and our Pickles!

Janey turned 11 and this it the darling outfit her Grandma made for her. Kaze made her own outfit, complete with sock gloves and saggy diaper.
Here is a better look at her talents
I think it is so funny that Billy sleeps with the boys every night. And every night Seth and sometimes Jeb want to sleep on the floor. I guess he is training himself for years of hunting with his Dad. (I guess my flash was a little bright and this was the third picture I took- sorry Jeb)
Here are our pickles!! We got the recipe from a wonderful friend and they are the best pickles ever!! I will post the recipe on the side later, but for now enjoy the look of these beauties! Brett did most the work (like close to all, so I can brag and not feel bad:)
We have had a very busy month so far. Starting with a family reunion in which we went camping and encountered a wild and random wind storm. Several trees were snapped out of the ground and one good sized one landed on our car and tent! The car had some major damage, but still drivable and we were able to take ourselves home so that was a blessing.
The biggest blessing though, was although it hit our tent and was ruined, it held long enough for all our kids to get out! The kids were in the tent waiting out the wind storm, but the wind picked up so suddenly there was no time to move them until the damage was done. We were very blessed that no one was hurt. We had a wall tent and so much sturdier then a normal tent.
Upon returning home, we realized our deep freezer had been left unplugged for the week and a half we were gone. I ended up spending a half day throwing away 5 huge garbage bags of meat and berries and washing the shop floor... it was gross!
The hi-light though is that Janey had her birthday and we got to see so much family this month. We love you all!



1 comment:

Mandi said...

I'm impressed with the pickles. They look tasty. I'm also very glad that no one got hurt. What a scary experience! We sure love you and your little family.