Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's beginning to look alot like Fall time

Kaze lost her first tooth!  She was pretty darn excited, especially to have a visit from the tooth fairy.  I have learned its a fun surprise for me as well, because in my house we have two tooth fairies!  I remember the first time Seth lost a tooth and the next morning he was so excited because he got money.  I asked "innocently", "how much?"  But his answer really did shock me.  He replied, "$4."  
"Are you sure there wasn't just two?"  Thinking,  "poor kid, I really should be helping him more with his math," one more thing to add to the list of things I'm failing to do for my children.  
He ran out and held up his hands, sure he enough there was $4.  At first I thought, "man I need to pay attention to what I'm pulling out of my wallet, I could really end up setting a high standard."  You see in our house they get $2 for the first tooth and $1 for each after that, which is the way to go.  When the dentist takes the tooth he leaves a big fat bill, but gives a sticker so I figure there better off losing it with me :)  Anyway, it took only one more time to realize, Janey was sneaking in and leaving more money.  Last night was no different she left an extra dollar plus a note saying how special Kaze is.  To Kaze's credit, and I'm pulling out the "I must be doing something right even though I don't do it myself" card,   Kaze wanted to write the Tooth Fairy a thank you note.... all on her own!  I was proud of both my girls for their thoughtfulness!
 So it has been a little cooler in the mornings and we are talking Halloween around here, so I had to make some Pumpkin cookies.  I found this recipe yesterday and yummy!  They are good.  I will post the recipe on the side, but they are winners!

 There was a new addition to our pretend farm, as I like to call it.  I love this CUTE little heifer which we named Lexi.  She is so fun for us to all watch.  Brett was out of town when the cow delivered so I climbed in and imprinted on the calf and separated them from the other cows, so smart of me I thought but, turns out (which Brett reminded me of this after the fact) that it cut them off from the water as well as the other cows.  Then I fed the mom cow so she would like me and let me near her baby (which I found out later is not something you are suppose to do because they can get a fever from having too much food after having a calf).  Look at me learning... a little late, yes, but still.... And another reason I call it my pretend farm.
 My boys are playing football!  It is their first year and has been so entertaining to watch them!  They look too small to be running around out there.  Especially Seth!  I do believe he played a college student last game!  That is what it looked like to me anyway.  Seth is one of the smallest but he's also pretty fast so I just tell him, RUN... if you get the ball, RUN and don't wait for the other team to catch up.
 It is fun to see their opposite personalities come out.  As Seth is instructed by the coaches, I see him put his head down and listen.  He is soaking it all in.  That is how he is.  He thinks.  He loves to play catch everyday and wants, begs everyone to come play with him- I think I'm his favorite play mate:)
Then there is Jeb who just wants to tackle.  He still doesn't understand the game.  Where Seth wants to learn the game and to understand what is going on and why players are doing what they are, Jeb just want to hit someone.  He doesn't even care if the person is looking at the ball or running.  The coaches tell him who he is covering and I see Jeb watch the kid and him only.  The play can already be finished and Jeb is still in route to take out the poor kid not even watching.  I have seen that a couple times.
I also laughed last week because one of the players on our team knocked over the side line numbers and Jeb jumped up, pushed a kid from the other team back down (even though the whistle had been blown), ran to the number, dropped to his knee and straightened it.  I guess they are learning good (and I'm hoping that and not obsessive) habits at home...?
So while playing football a bee flew into Seth helmet.  This is day two.  I told him at least he could say it happened turning football, no one needed to know it was done by something as big as his thumb nail :)  I feel really blessed to have just fun, and great kids!  I really enjoy where we live too!
 I do want to do better about writing, but I usually wait too long that there is too much to write so then I settle for hardly any writing at all.  I'll do better, you just watch and see if I don't :)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Your description of Jeb is still making me smile. It sounds like he got some of his aggression from his mom. Wish we could be there for his baptism. Please tell him we love him and are proud of him.