Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

WORK


Yesterday I spent most of the day working at a warehouse book fair, stocking books.  I really enjoyed the day.  I went with a friend and saw two more friends when we arrived.  It was fun working and talking with them.  I really enjoyed stocking the books, not because it is oh so fun to stock shelves; but, because it kept me busy, and I saw so many books I would like to own or read to my kids or for myself, and  at the end of the day I could see all I accomplished.  It was also nice to be told what a hard worker I was (it was not the reason I did it, but unexpected and nice)!  
The company was very gracious and gave me over the amount of money I earned in books.  I came home with a box full of a variety of wonderful books.  
The thing I hated about yesterday was, asking someone else to watch Kaze.  Even though my dear friend who watched her was so gracious and sweet about it.  I knew I didn’t have to worry about my kids in the lest.  I missed being with them.  I didn’t like not being there when they arrived home from school, or to hear about their day.  I didn’t like not making and eating dinner with them.  It was hard coming home at their bed time and knowing I still had dishes to wash, a house to straighten, homework to look at, and to go through the bed time routine.  I hated not being able to listen to all their stories and to be too rushed to enjoy them.  I wake them so early that letting them stay up too late wasn’t a good idea especially since it happens too often as it is, planned or not.  As fun as it was to work, I love too much being a part of my kid’s lives.
I am very lucky, blessed would be a better word, to be a stay home mom.  I love my husband for encouraging and supporting me in this.  I sometimes look forward to the day I can go to work.  It might be when I feel under appreciated, or when Kaze is being more difficult then usual, but even then, I cherish the time I have with my kids.  They grow up too fast!  I love each stage they have been through but already morn the ones they’ve past.  I love the busy days when I get so much accomplished but I treasure my lazy days when I can sit and hold my kids in my lap and watch movies or just listen to them talk.  There is something so rewarding in watching your kids play and getting along, and knowing they are your kids. That they are good and they love each other and YOU had a hand in that.  I know my kids love me.  I enjoy the notes they make me and being told, “You’re the best Mom we ever had.”  
Yesterday was fun and I hope to do it again sometime, but I love being home with my kids and want to tell them thank you for who they are!  To Brett, thank you for being the best husband and Dad we have ever had!

My friend has this on her fridge. "The privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, and the love of work is success."  Whatever the work whether being a Mom at home or out of the house, I pray we can LOVE what we do.

No comments: