Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, April 29, 2013

A BUSY WEEKEND

So this weekend, Brett went to Idaho to pick up pigs for our kids to be involved with 4H.  While he was gone, I decided to get busy and fix up our house a little.  I am NOT done, in fact this just made me excited to keep going.  Here is a look at some of the stuff I did.  
Kaze's room before:  I had to caulk because the finish work had never been done.  This tiny room used up almost an entire gallon of paint!
                                                                       BEFORE
                                                                       BEFORE
               After... That night table is more glued than screwed together, but it's standing so I'm happy.
                                                          AFTER: Bought the two wall art

                            AFTER:  Next I will be painting that chest of drawers!  I did paint the dark brown closet doors, bought that picture hanger above the closet, and the curtains, as well as replaced the brass knobs with silver beeded ones. (I am getting carpet for this room soon too:)
                                  AFTER: I did paint the door because it was painted a tannish pink and chipping.  I replaced the light switch as well and hung a decorative coat hanger.
          AFTER: also bought that toy box and it matches the picture hanger about the closet
 Before:  I will not be held responsible for the hideous pink curtains, the only thing I am at fault for is not getting rid of them sooner.  The brass rod is equally as offensive, and I apologize, but think how I feel- I look at it ever day.... until now!

      AFTER: I am just getting started!  These walls will soon be painted too!  Do you like my new toss pillows?  Let me tell you, curtains are not cheap, but oh, so worth it!!

 Yes, this is ugly.  Not that we choose to keep it this way, I just wasn't sure which direction we were going in.
 Before
 AFTER:  I finally figured I could paint and change my mind later if needed.  I am painting the cabinets next
 AFTER:  Much improved and now I am not looking at a gloomy wall waiting for our remodel
I am in the process of working on Janey's room too but its not ready to show yet.  When its all done I will show the before, in between and after.  This pretty much all I did this weekend.  I did paint Janey's chest of drawers and clean and organize the shop but that is not worth posting.  It was pretty much for my own sanity.  I did have to stay up till 5am one night/morning and was back up by 7am to finish so that wasn't fun, but seeing the results has been!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Mary! It looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person next time we're over there :)

Ethington Family said...

thanks Ashley!!

Mandi said...

You're so industrious! so.. what did Brett think?

Ethington Family said...

He really likes it and was surprised it made such a difference! :) his reaction was so fun!