Not only is she growing fast, but so is her hair. It wasn't that long ago that I cut it to her shoulders, but to her Dad's delight, it is to the bottom of her back again.
Jumping right ahead and seriously months later we move along to Easter. We were invited the Saturday before to our friends in the other ward that shares our church building, The Gunter's. They hostessed a huge Easter egg hunt where the kids made out like thieves. They weren't complaining. :) *Side note, look how long Jeb's legs are. All my kids have the longest legs!
Here is Kaze running to find the next egg.
Janey and Seth photo bombing my phone. Good thing too! I seriously have like NO pictures of Seth! How sad is that! He is always dodging the camera. Well unless its a picture of up his nose left for me as my new screen saver. In that, he is so like his Dad!
My darling, sweet sister came to visit! I can't wait to repay the favor! We always have so much fun together! Sisters are the best! And look how amazing she looks in this color! I think this is the beginning of this year so I messed up the time line a bit :)
What would you know these beautiful girls are related to the two in the above picture! How lucky are we? It's so fun to see the cousins hang out.
In February, Brett and I went with my family to Carlsbad, CA and stayed in a very big, very nice beach house! It was so fun! I love being with family and look forward to it always. It never lasts long enough but I sure enjoy it every chance I get. Brett is the best and makes everything better. This was on the plane and I love this picture. He told me I couldn't post it on facebook but he never said anything about my blog :) I'm pretty sure my mom and Mandi are the only ones who read this thing anyway... so maybe he will never know.
Above was before and this is after. For two years straight Brett has had facial hair. Before that he would go back and forth. It is weird seeing him without it but I'm getting use to it. I love facial hair but quite frankly, he is a very handsome man anyway you look at it. Plus, I like variety.
This was on the Pier at the beach in CA. We spent a super fun day with Mike and Cathy Bennett and they took this picture for us so we could remember. Thanks you two! We love you guys!
Jeb didn't believe me when I told him there was a bump on his forehead. hahaha. He was surprised as you can see when he looked in the mirror. He was shooting his air gun and said it kicked back :) I guess it did.
skipping ahead again. I was playing five hundred with the boys at the Gunter's at the Easter egg hunt. The football was right about to land perfectly in my hand when Seth shoved me forward... I jammed my finger and haven't been able to take my wedding ring off since. It has been 17 days and I still have sore, swollen fingers.
Seth has no remorse because he caught the ball when it bounced off my jammed fingers. Plus he doesn't know it still hurts :)
I can't even feel sorry for myself because I am the first one who started pushing people out of the way...
The Baily's spent Easter (the real Easter) morning with us. It was so fun to have Jake and Shannon's little girls there to do an egg hunt with us and to have them all watch General Conference with us. We sure love having them in Oregon!
So my birthday came and went and I'm a year older.. laa tee daa. Actually, I love my birthday. Always. This year though Brett was gone with the boys picking up our 4H pigs in Idaho, so it wasn't the same. I didn't even bother to make a cake. The best part was that one of my young women delivered this to me! Can you believe how thoughtful and beautiful! It made me day! Plus, I have amazing family and friends who totally made me feel special! You just have to understand, food is so important to me... good food that is.
I had tried to pamper myself the way I knew Brett would have wanted me to so I ordered out, and it was GROSS! I ended up not really eating my dinner, so to have this arrive unexpected was pure pleasure! Thank you Elena!
How could I not add this picture? Isn't my little great niece so adorable? Oh, and she is sitting on my cute little chicken stool which makes it even more darling, don't you think? I should take a pic of that stool sometime so you know I'm telling the truth. :)
Well that's it for this six months :)














1 comment:
There are some great pictures in there, Mary! And Hannah needs to move back here. She's too cute to be gone.
Thanks for the update! (Glad to be half your readership.)
Post a Comment