Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Got Taste?


I always thought because Seth had his own style he would be particular with what I bought him, or never let me pick something out for him to wear. That is not the case. Seth, although definitely has his own taste will wear most things I pick out as long as they fit within his likes. As he has gotten older, he has cared less of what he wears. Jeb on the other hand, is so opinionated in pretty much everything, and that does not exclude clothes. He never wears anything I suggest. Even today I put out his church clothes and he came down in something entirely different (the same shirt he wears every Sunday.) When I went up stair, the shirt he was suppose to wear wasn't just left where I had put it, rather it was flung in the corner as to say, "yea right, I am not wearing THAT!"
With much reluctance I have become one of those moms who you see at the store and their kids look homeless. I use to love getting my kids all dolled up, but Jeb in NO doll. For one, he speaks... often. I have learned to accept camo on camo, plaids with stripes, and completely clashing colors. I even look past the no socks, shoes on wrong feet. However, I usually (and I say usually because I have pretended not to notice at times) draw the line and make him change when he tries wearing Seth's play shoes which are a few sizes too big, torn and muddy...
I just want you to all know I am really starting to not care, and this is a huge accomplishment for me. Three cheers for Mary!
Last night Jeb had to go to bed 1 1/2 hours early. He got in trouble for continually shoving Kaze. At one time, the shove came while she was standing on a table 2 feet off the ground. While I was laying with him, he kept saying how he "had to say sorry to Kazey." I said that was all fine and dandy but it wouldn't change the fact he was to stay in bed. Then I said, "You can't push her!"
With seriousness in his expression, he said, "I was just playing Booyha." Booyha (if even that is a word too spell wrong, is a game my kids play. They hit their chest, or tummies -which ever meets up and tries to send the other one flying, all while yelling "BOOYHA". As you can guess, Kaze would not do so well at this game nor enjoy it.
To end on a good also proud moment. As soon as Janey realized today would be fast Sunday she was preparing herself to bare her testimony. She went up without any encouragement from me and bore a very sweet, heartfelt and at times funny, testimony. Afterwards, so many women came up and told me what a sweetheart Janey is and how lucky I am to have her. I have to agree wholeheartedly. She is a treasure and I hope I show her often. It made me swell with joy to hear her, in her own words tell how she felt about our Savior and our family. We love you, Janey!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

ya, homeless is OK, as long as the mom looks good! (smile)