Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Funny Little Things

First day off with any school break and it's automatic "work day". Janey mowed the lawn. It takes her an hour when it's short. I hate mowing with this mower because it pulls me along. Janey uses all her strength to turn the darn thing, it's quiet impressive. Her friend was nice enough to move the wheel barrow out of the way when Janey had a hard time not hitting it.
While Janey did her work, her friend "helped". She asked if she could play and we said, "sure, but it's a work day." she said ok and spent 3 hours watching, mostly (except for moving the wheel barrow). She must have been pretty desperate to do something.
Second day- is play. Janey made these sugar cookies and the rest of us frosted and ate them.

The handsome men in my life!

Janey wanted a picture of us girls before church. (That is why we had to have one of the boys too... after all, it's only fair.


Jeb was sitting up to the table eating and I asked him, baiting him really, "Jeb, you are so handsome, where do you get your good looks... from your MOM or your dad?"
"Just by myself," he replied.

Yesterday in the car he asked if he was funny. I answered, "Yup, your my funny honey."
Jeb didn't hesitate, "Dad's your honey. I'm not a honey, I'm just a boy!"
Everything has been a little mellow around here. With Brett being sick and the kids coming down with something now and then, it has made thing seem a little lazy.
Janey and Seth had conferences for school (in which they are doing well), so of course, there was no school for three days, and no school the two Fridays before that. I actually am not complaining, since how I love having them home, I just think it funny how much school they had off, and for two of the days- no reason.

We had a work day the first day out, and just played after that. It makes me excited for the Christmas break, when we can be cozy and lazy. Since it has been cold the last several days, we have been camping out around the fireplace reading, or playing games... the very thing I love about the holidays.

I have been reading with my kids more and really enjoy it. I put my own books on hold, because I noticed, I am much less willing to read to them at night after scriptures because I wanted to be reading my own book (since I usually wait til they go to bed to begin reading). This way, I am excited to read with them, and they have been enjoying it too. Last night we played math games instead, which was really fun. We were in between books.
I have always read to them, but just the picture books. Most of the time they wouldn't last longer then a few minutes. Seth and then Janey started sitting through it better the older they got. Seth, as long as he could sit on my lap always did well. I did try reading chapter books with Janey a year ago, but there were very few she would sit through. She is a good reader and so I just started having her read those on her own. I tried finding ones I thought she would like, but a little longer and maybe harder then she would chose for herself. She would usually ask me to stop reading at about page 20. I wanted to sneak and finish the book on my own even though they were designed for 12 year old. I couldn't understand how she didn't care to see how it ended. It must have been in the selection or maybe she just needed to get a little older because they sat through an hour and a half of reading and didn't move a muscle. It was great!
Speaking of muscles, mine feel great, if not a tiny bit sore. Brett and I have been doing p90x (sorry, no before pictures to share). A couple of friends and brothers have gotten us excited about trying it, so we did a little here and there, but with all the trips during the summer it was hard to stay constant. We are doing it now though, and loving it! I hate the pull up/ push ups workout but only because I'm a wimp. I like all the other workouts and arms and shoulders are probably my favorite, although I like the plymetrics too. I doubt you'll ever see after pictures either, but hopefully I'll see results :)

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Such a beautiful family!!!

Mandi said...

Alright, so you just sitting there relaxed in that picture, you can totally see your bicep just all nice and ripped! Holy moley Mary! Some of the better genes passed right by me.

Rachael said...

That is so impressive that Janey mows the lawn! And you look gorgeous as ever and your kids really do have that Morley look!!