Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

BIrThDaYs!

Wow! Has it really been 4 weeks since I last posted. I have been pretty bad lately.
There have been a few big events, too.
EVENT #1) Brett's birthday! That was fun! We had the Richardson's and Spencer's over for soup, rolls and of course (Carrot) cake, and ice cream. It was really fun to hang out and talk with everyone. *Note to Brett: You are wonderful and my best friend! Thank you for putting up with me and always making me laugh. Life is so much fun with you at my side. (how's that for sappy?)

EVENT #2) I finally ran my 15k. I have been training since the beginning of September and now that it is turning cold I'm kind of glad to have it done. However, I love jogging outside and miss it (especially my running partners). I will not miss waking at 5am or the rain. There is nothing as great as jogging though, to make one ready to start a day or feel alive.
I did fine. There was some heavy head wind and I ran 9 miles in 1 hour and 24 minutes. Not a great time, but good enough and I plan to continue jogging so I can do a 1/2 Marathon in May.

EVENT #3) Jeb turns 5! He was so excited and asked several times when it would be his birthday. I was happy to announce the morning of his birthday that he was indeed, 5 years old.
We had a great day hanging out as a family. I did take pictures but can't get them to download, so I'll try again later.
His cake is supposed to be the transformer Bumblebee in car form. However, it looks like a beat up truck. It's what I call, "hurried." I should have made the cake the night before so that it had time to freeze. Instead, I made it the morning of and when the pan fell on the cake fresh out of the oven and crushing it, I had no time to re bake another one, so had to work with the one I had.
I also think it would have helped if I had any knowledge of what a car shape should actually like like. When I started cutting away at the cake to shape it, I really wasn't sure of what look I was going for, and the cake, not being all frozen, started to crumble off. The look was yellow frosting with chocolate crumb bumps. It took three coats of frosting, freezing in between each coat, to finally cover the crumbs. But besides the fact no one could tell the front from the back (and did I mention the black lines running down the middle were off center), it didn't look too bad.

My favorite thing of the day was what Jeb said to Kaze. It was her nap time, and I said, "Kaze, you ready for a nap?" Then I walked out to get her bottle ready.
I hear Jeb say to Kaze, "You can run, but you can't hide. I'm going to rock your world." I had to laugh. He loves to play with anyone who will play with him. It's nice to see how well he and Seth play together lately. Jeb and Kaze play good as long as Kaze isn't touching Jeb's toys. Kaze adores Jeb, which is funny because he is always taking things from her, and she yells and cries, but she still loves on him.
Well, that is pretty much it for now, unless I can somehow figure out how to download these pictures. Hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Congrats on your 15k! That is awesome!

Mandi said...

I'm glad you posted pictures. Kaze's hair is wild! How cute are those curls!