Christmas came and went and it always amazes me how fast it does. We have been so blessed and feel so grateful as a family to be living in this wonderful land of America, and to be together and happy. We love all of our great family and friends and it's our sincerest hope that each of you feel happy too. Here are some pictures of our Christmas eve and Christmas morning.
I love holidays, any holiday will do, but there is the special spirit that comes at Christmas. None of these pictures show what we really enjoy the most about Christmas, which is the greatest gift of all- our appreciation for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray that by the way I raise my kids and the way I live my live, I can show my own love and appreciation to my brother and savior, Jesus Christ. We love you all.... now on to some pictures...

The kids decorate the tree each year, and it is usually re-decorated by Kaze a few times each day.
I'm not one to leave the tree up a real long time after, but this year I did leave it up the whole weekend and by the time I was ready to take it down, Brett was back to work. I moved it outside while my kids were getting dressed and Jeb came out and said, "Mom, where's the Christmas tree?" I told him I move it outside. He turned and ran back to his room yelling, "Wow, Sethy, Mom is very touch. She moved the Christmas Tree all by herself!"
I love that they are so easy to impress at that age.

Kids opening their stocking. There was suppose to be some fruit in there somewhere too- I think :)

Kaze waiting for Brett to help her open her gift.

Janey is getting so grown up. I love that she tells me about her days at school. We have started a new thing, we make dinners together. It is so fun having her help, but even more fun having her company. She is such a sweetheart and tries very hard to be nice to everyone.


You might notice the nice sheen in Kaze's hair. That would be because she used her own special treatment....
There I was at the store, and I saw Vaseline. I thought, "we used that for everything (thanks to my Dad) growing up, I don't know why I don't have some at home." So I bought some. I couldn't help think of my Dad and all the illnesses I could avoid by having my own jar of Vaseline.
It only took me one hour of being home to remember why it was I never have Vaseline. Kaze had found it and coated her entire body, hair (double coated) and the carpet in her room. It took me four times of washing her hair with Dawn, Mouth wash (which I heard helps, but doesn't) and shampoo, to make it look as good as it did on Christmas morning.
There is a plus side, I now use Vaseline in my own hair just after it is washed and conditioned. It makes it shiny and seems to keep in the moisture- Who knew?... Oh, that is right, My Dad!

For those of you who don't know, we got in a very scary car wreck two weeks before Christmas, where the car rolled. The kids, especially Jeb, can't go a day (much less a couple hours) without talking about it and how scary it was. I love his prayers, though, when he asks to not be in another scary car wreck again, but he is glad that he was the bravest.

Whenever a big truck (like the one that hit us) is coming in our direction, Jeb worries that they are getting too close. I was pulling out one morning when a big red truck was passing our street and Jeb said, "Mom, don't let them hit us ok. They are close."
Seth answered, "Jeb, don't worry, Mom will never ever let anyone hit us again or let us get in a car wreck...
maybe" I can't blame Jeb for not feeling the confidence Seth was hoping to give. :)

One morning Jeb was getting dressed and he said, "What is wrong with my feet?" Then he made a transforming Transformer sound (chchch...something like that) "They look like they have super powers!... Haha, just kidding."

Kaze was having a hard morning, so when Brett called home, he asked to talk to her. Kaze was thrilled to be talking on the phone and even more thrilled that it was her Dad. When she hung up, I said, "Your Dad's so nice."
Kaze answered, "Yea, I lucky."

A better look at the coated hair, four times washed.

We did do ginger bread houses, thanks to the Dursts!

Jeb insisted that his was the coolest, while Seth's was the strongest, and Janey's the biggest (which also looked like a candy factory exploded).
Seth is going to be baptised soon and we are all looking forward to it. Seth is such a great boy! I love his kind and thoughtful personality. He rarely complains and he is very loving to everyone in the family. He is doing great in school and making a lot of new friends. It has been fun for me to help in the classroom and watch him interact. I have also been told by one of the other moms, that Seth is her favorite to help because he is so nice. I love that about my Seth.
He loves to hunt with his Dad or play catch. He is always wrestling around with Jeb or running around with Janey building forts, but the thing I love most is that he is never "too cool" or "too busy" to stop and hug his mom. Seth, we love you and are so proud of the young man you are becoming. You are a great example! Love you, handsome!
Love to all and hope all is well!
2 comments:
Hey Mary, Have fun with Mom and Dad this weekend, and tell seth we're proud of him for getting baptized. We love you guys!
Whoa! a wreck--I had no idea--you didn't blog it! I hope you are all well!
You are such a fantastic mom! I love that you are cooking with Janey! What a neat idea--she will be as good a cook as you one day (if not better)! Thanks for staying in touch with me via blog.
And congrats to Seth!
Post a Comment