Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Sunday, September 07, 2014

For Mom

Holy cow!  The year is going by fast and it is just a little lame that I have not written during all this time! I know, I know, Shame on me... So in a handful of pictures I am attempting to make up for the lack of posts. :)
 This is at the county fair, where both Janey and Seth showed their pigs.  Seth took Grand Champion overall and Janey took Reserve Grand champion for 4H.  Both won belt buckles
 Janey turns 15!  She is in Highschool this year... weird, I'm not that old am I?  (answer: YES!)
 This is the walk of Champions at the rodeo during the fair
 We butchered our first Dexter cow, and yum yum it tastes good!  We are so thrilled to have our freezer full of our own meat we raised.
 First day of school!  Seth in 7th and Janey in 9th
 Kaze and Jeb's first day of school.  Kaze is loving 1st grade and Jeb in 4th.  I will have to follow up with football pictures from the boys and volleyball pictures of Janey.
 Janey and me at the fair
 me at camp dressed as "Peg"hosting a cooking show and making Cinnamon's
 Janey and one of her friends at Young Women's camp.
 Seth trying on my wig :)
 Jeb trying on my wig :)
 Ethington family reunion.  Camping here we come!  We camp a lot during the summer and we love it!
 Seth and Grand eating the chicken I made in the dutch oven
 Hanging out around the camp fire
 The boys.... :) Need I say more?
 We stacked 324 bales of hay, each weighing about 70 pounds.  I was just me and Brett handing it up to Janey and Jeb driving.  It was a good work out and now our barn is full!
 Janey with he wonderful Morley Grandparents.  We LOVE YOU!!!
 kids playing at the pond.  We so enjoy our neighbor's pond.  She is so sweet to let us use it whenever we want and we enjoy our neighbor even more!

 Janey's 8th grade promotion.  I stayed and helped for the all night party.  It was pretty fun!  They let me play dodge ball with them and pass the football :)
 We had Jake and Shannon and their darling girls come visit us!  We love having people come see us!
 OK, so Brett went hunting and it wasn't busy enough to have school start and everyone in sports, and cleaning and completing a list of chore I gave myself... I decided to FINALLY tackle this wood panelling.  It was a long job and once I started I didn't want to stop for anything, like feeding my family or myself :) but it is done and now I want to do the family room.  This is the before
 This is the before and although I didn't post it I also painted the outside of the house, just on one side.
 This is the after.  I sanded the stairs too so it would not have the shiny look it once had and it did make it lighter.
 her it is again.  See the family room in the connecting room?  Won't it look nice painted too?  Then how about some nice new tile floors?  :)  That would be lovely.
and the final picture and this one is even better because Kaze is in it coloring.
So this post is for my mom to give her something else to look at when she clicks on this sight.  

The kids are doing great and though they are all busy in school and sports we still have a lot of fun together. 
 Here is a quick story. Jeb, the kid who thought it would be a good idea to put a mento into pop the first day of a five day hunting trip while sitting in a friend's brand new truck, (for the record, don't try it in an enclosed area); Anyway, Jeb was spraying Kaze with the hairspray and was chasing her.  I told him not to use my hairspray as a weapon because I rely on that hairspray and would like to not have everything in the house sticky and sprayed into place.  By the time I took it, Kaze's hair was definitely not going anywhere.  
Well the next day I found a dead fly in the window seal so I took a tissue and went to pick it up.  Then I noticed it wasn't going anywhere.  Jeb hair sprayed it to death.  I found one more like it later on.  He had his own solution to killing the flies.  Death by hairspray isn't a horrible way to go, at least his hair was in place :)  

No comments: