We have had a lot of fun since school was canceled for three straight days, due to bad weather. I love having the kids home, and I love the different stages they are all in. Janey and Seth are old enough to "get things" they understand jokes and teasing, and playing games. I don't even have to try to loss UNO anymore (which is a good thing, because I'm not that good at purposely losing).
Brett and I played with Janey and Seth several games and we all had our turns in winning. It was very obvious to me who my dear kids have learned their quick thinking skills from, since Brett didn't win as many times as the rest of us. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings, so of course I didn't mention it...then.
My favorite was when I was shuffling. Janey said, "I have practiced shuffling all day, so I can be as good as you."
I replied, "I only know the bare minimum."
"Oh! Show me how to do Bare, and then Mimmum." was Janey's enthusiastic response. That gave us a good laugh.
Jeb is also at a fun stage, where he says all kind of things, not always knowing what some of them mean. And saying some phrases in just funny context.
When Jeb has built a space ship or put together a puzzle and wants me to see, I come in and say, "Good Job Jeb!"
His response is always (with a huge smile and sing song voice) "You welcome mom!"
And apparently the Doctor has the final word. Brett was taking the two older kids to the store and Jeb was told to stay home with me. Brett and I over heard Jeb tell Seth "Yes huh Seth, I am to going to the store. The Doctor said."
Kaze is learning to wave and kiss in the air at people. She is clapping and today we played "catch". I rolled the ball and she threw it back the best she could. She gets so excited she can't hold her balance as her face lights up with a cheesy grin. People always stop us in stores to talk to her because of her many expressions and adorable smile.
I love each of my wonderful kids and LOVE the ages they are at. I feel very blessed with THEE BESST (think Nacho Libre) husband and amazing kids. I love all my family and friends. So thank you to all!
1 comment:
That was hilarious--I'll take mimmum!
Post a Comment