Well, Christmas break is here and so is the snow. We have 8 inches of snow outside, and not the total amount, but all over. It is the first time I have seen snow actually stick around in Oregon, let alone have enough to go sledding in our front yard. (It must be Global Warming:)
Speaking of sledding we went to 6 different stores yesterday looking for a sled (because I put off buying one sooner, but since we usually don't get snow it was an easy thing to put off).
The first store, Costco, closed 3 hours early due to the weather. Then everywhere else was sold out or didn't carry them. Wal mart doesn't carry sleds here- go figure. Out of the 6 stores we checked out, 3 were closed early. SO my kids have found other things to occupy their time.... like jump on my couch.

Janey and Seth played outside for a few hours (even tried using a cookie sheet and box as a sled- didn't work) then got too cold and entertained themselves with board games, begging me to play every few minutes. I played a few times, but I'm getting sick of losing. (maybe they can go back to not "getting it")

Here is a picture of the snow. Brett was teasing me that he was surprised I hadn't taken a picture of the snow and posted it by now, so here it is. (Happy, Brett?)

I just took this because I think it looks pretty. Brett and I walked all around, and there is a half inch of ice that coats everything. If you could see the trees up close it looks so cool. They appear to be made of glass. It sounds really cool to crunch through too. That is when Brett threw the ice snow balls, and I tried to kick snow at him, but injured my foot from hitting ice. Then it all went down hill from there.

Here is Brett getting more firewood. I would have helped him too, had he not thrown me in the snow, forcing me to throw a snow ball in the house and then him
dodging, so I hit some baked goods instead. (To anyone who received baked goods from me, if they were soggy- it's Brett's fault, jk)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go. This is the song that is stuck in my head because Brett is constantly singing it, but it is true. And I'm so excited for Christmas to come. It looks like we are going to have a very White Christmas. (Jealous Mandi?)
AND WOULD YOU GUYS VOTE ALLREADY... I NEED SOME HELP HERE! (see right hand side)
1 comment:
I would be totally jealous, except it doesn't even FEEL like Christmastime. So, enjoy. I'm happy to bask in the sunshine.
Post a Comment