Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

White Day, White Elephant

We had several activities this week, including an Achievement Day's party, Janey's school Christmas Program (in which she had a big part as narrator) and a Ward Christmas Party. And because I'm a really good mom, I took pictures to document all of it (not).
However, Brett and I went to a really fun party last night, and we do have one picture for memory sake.
Before I get to that though, we woke up to SNOW! The kids dressed warm and went out as soon as they could. This is their snowman. I will post a clip of Janey trying to sled in her box too.

So, at the party we went to last night, we had to bring a White Elephant gift. I was boring and brought candy and a gift card, but Brett..... This is his. I was hoping I would win it myself. I might be bias, but his was my favorite!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Mary-I am cracking up. That is so funny. It is a good picture of Brett-I'm sure the recipiant was really grateful.

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Pamela said...

That is hilarious!

We'll have to try the porterhouse steak recipe...yummy! I just posted a yummy soup recipe you need to try-check out my blog- www.pamelasusan.typepad.com

xoxo

Ann Yeaman said...

Oh my Gosh, that is funny, I'm doing that next time we have a white elephant!

Mandi said...

What a vain thing to think of. *grin* I'm sure Brett thinks that EVERYONE should have a picture of him somewhere in their house. ;O)

Okay, really... I think it's pretty funny. I hope you're all enjoying your snow.

Ethington Family said...

Mandi, If you want a picture, all you have to do is ask. I'm sure Brett would be happy to give you one. And this one wasn't even my favorite. haha