Speaking of the book fair, Janey took some of the money she had been saving and bought herself an organizer, which she loves. I helped her add some of her cousin's names to her address list, which thrilled her. She also bought Seth one (at $8.99 each) as well as a book on animals. She is so generous. Here Seth sits with almost $30 dollars in his jar and Janey uses her pruning money to spoil him.
Speaking of spoiling. On my birthday, Janey gave me a darling home made card with animals on it. One of the animals were saying, "you are meat". (Get it- instead of neat?) When I picked it up to read it, $21 fell out. I began to cry, realizing what a sacrifice that was for her. That was all her hard earned pruning money. I, of course, couldn't except it, but told her we would treat ourselves to a date instead. Besides, she gave me two great gifts in just knowing she wanted me to have it. The second gift being, I convinced myself she thought I only looked 21.
Seth is really enjoying school and seems to do really well with the work part of it. I am still not sure if he as made many friends because he doesn't talk about it much. When I ask if he has friends he almost rolls his eyes at me with a, "yeah..." But when I ask their names, he never knows any. I asked Janey if she sees him at recess, and she told me she has and he is always playing with a group of friends. They must not be that close, you know... no name basis. On top of that though, whenever he asks for a friend to come over, it is always a friend from Hubbard. He seems willing to make friends though in church, so I'll just give him time. One of these days he might like them enough to ask their name.
Seth is such a good brother. He often takes kaze for me and watches her. She loves to be outside and he is always so careful with her out there. He watches her like a hawk and I often see him following her and guiding her with his arm. She adores him!
Jeb is ... stubborn. He has been fighting for his justice in life. For example, he will not eat or drink out of anything that even looks like a girl would use it. Today I gave him a red cup with a faded heart on it. He stood back from the table saying, "No, no girl stuff." he wouldn't even sit until I emptied the water into a solid green cup.
Seth has also convinced him that some of the spoons are cowboy spoon (though, I think Seth believes it himself). Now, ever snack and meal that requires a spoon, Jeb is in search for the cowboy ones. I have been opening the dishwasher a lot lately.
Jeb is a sweetheart too, though. He is always giving me hugs and kisses as well as Kaze. Kaze is getting use to his hard tickling and manages past the pained look to even laugh a little.
He loves to play with his Lego, and I love to listen to him play and have his guys (made of Lego's) talk to each other. Brett and I have found Seth and Jeb asleep in the closet with Jeb's new Iron man lamp three times this week. It has been funny to see them squished up with their books they had been looking at.
Kaze is a tornado! She can have a dozen things pulled out in the time it takes me to round the corner, especially if she hears me coming. I think Jeb must be teaching her on the side. Right now our pantry is being built so I have food everywhere in that hallway in boxes, and that does not help my struggles to keep her out of things. She loves watching things fly. I think emptying my rice bag yesterday all over the carpet was her favorite. It took a couple times with the vacuum, emptying the bag after each time, to clean up that mess. She of course, didn't watch the whole clean up, she had sugar to throw around.
Who does this sound like... she loves the outdoors, she loves getting wet, she empties everything, and she no longer sleeps past 6:30am. I know you are thinking...Jeb, but no... It's JANEY! Kaze looks nothing like Janey, but her personality is really starting to remind me of her. Needless to say, she is a doll, a sweetheart, and loving. She is every one's (Janey, Seth, Jeb, Brett and Me) sweetie!
1 comment:
I loved the way you described Kaze managing to get past the pained looked when she's being tickled. I can just picture it. So funny!
Post a Comment