Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Friday, April 03, 2009

Fine, I won't talk to you!

Janey has a birthday party today after school, and is riding the bus to the girl's home. I had not yet bought a gift so this morning after the kids left to catch the bus I hurried and drove 15 minutes to Fred Myers. Once pulling in I realized I had forgotten my purse and had no money. Instead of driving an extra 30 minutes I went to my bank, hoping someone I knew was working and would let me get some money. I had to wait 10 minutes for the bank to open, but then (hold on to your seats) they talked my ear off. I was wanting to be in and out, and they just kept talking. I didn't even contribute... much. I know it must be a first, so... worth noting.
I got the money, went to Fred Myers, where an older gentleman said Hi to the kids causing Jeb to hid under the cart; therefore, I ran over his fingers. He cried and cried and I ended up carring him while pushing until we left (not any easy task- that boy is 45 pounds). The one nice thing about it, was before it happened he was running off from me and asking for me to buy him everything he saw.
Once I got the gift home, I wrapped it and loaded Jeb and Kaze back up so we could take it to the school for Janey to take to the party. The whole way there Jeb asked several questions and after dropping off the gift and back in the car he started asking several more. This is about the time I started tuning him out. next think I hear is, "FINE, then I won't talk to you!" then mumbling quietly, "little stinker head."
I said, "Hey, Jeb you don't call mom that. besides I thought we were buddies?"
giggling to himself, he replied rather sheepishly, "Oh, yeah... sorry."
We are home now though and dear Kaze is taking a nap, and Jeb just agreed to let me take one too! :)

No comments: