Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Friday, June 26, 2009

Our newest addition! (with picture)


I need to get Brett's camera because Janey has hers in Utah. Yes... she is STILL in Utah! I miss her like crazy and so does everyone else. Kaze, my sweet, happy Kaze, as been a total pill since Janey left and I think it's because she misses Janey. Plus I am use to having Janey watch her while I make dinner or some other project. Now she just follows me around either ripping things apart or hanging on my legs so I can't do anything!
Janey, if you are out there.... if you are reading this or hearing this at all.... we love you, darling girl and can't wait for you to come home!! Never again, are we sending you for this long!!

The knew news around here is.... (drum roll. please) we have yet another dog. A puppy actually. He is an indoor dog (which I never thought I would allow again), but get this- I like him. I really do. I even hold him and let him touch me! He is so mellow that it hardly feels like he is around. Plus Seth and Jeb have really stepped up to the plate to take care of him. It is so cute to see them enjoy him so much and want to take care of him. I know Janey will just love him. He is a Cairn Terrier and I might have spelled that wrong, but it's the same dog used on Wizard Of Oz. He is about the same color too. Now, if you have watched Wizard Of Oz, you know he won't get very big... I mean come on, he rides in that little basket all the time (which my dog doesn't like- I've tried). However, right now, Billy (that's our dog's name) is just the perfect size at about 10 pounds. He will still grow though to about 15 pounds. I thought maybe if we put him on a strict diet it would stunt his growth, since he is a pup and all, but Kaze drops enough food between her constant eating which I can't clean it up faster than he eats it up. At this rate he'll be the fattest little dog and he'll have to roll places. That would be bad, not only would he he bigger than I was hoping for, but we would get ripped apart in this liberal state for animal abuse or something.
Which brings me to: we went to the store, and I couldn't just leave Billy in the car because it was too warm. I took Billy, my kids, plus my nephew, Andrew- who is a great kid and big help and who has been staying with us this week. Kaze was smiling it up for every passer by and everyone (well 4 people) kept stopping us to say how cute she is and what cute curly hair she has. Then they would throw in how handsome the boys are or how cute our little puppy is and usually ask what kind he is. Just as we are about ready to leave this older women gasps and says, "oh, how cute!" I was thinking she meant Kaze, until she went on, "You are lucky to have such a cute little guy, how old is he?"
"Our little puppy?... he's 11 weeks" I answered. She then continued for a couple of minutes on our dog, even backing up cart traffic (which none looked too happy about).
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't expect for everyone to say how cute my kids are, or even notice them. I just think it odd when a grandma looking lady stops you and goes on and on about a puppy and fails to notice my perfectly behaved children (I can't say that too often, but they really were just sitting there perfectly still and polite- maybe they were thinking "notice me lady," I just don't know). After we walked away I just laughed to myself and thought, that is the difference between the normal animal lover and the die hard semi-crazy ones. The normal animal lover will notice and enjoy the puppy alone with every other beautiful and great thing around it, and know it's place. The die hard crazy will notice only the puppy and maybe even think it a pity that it be wasted on a child. I could be totally wrong on that account, but having a few experiences, this is my opinion from what I have seen.

I would love to have pictures of Billy with this, but it will have to wait. Along with several stories that have happened this week. Have a fun weekend!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

A new puppy! How fun! I can't wait to see pics! :)

Ethington Family said...

He is really cute!

Mandi said...

I, for one, am shocked, appalled. For one, Mary, you say you like this dog? Who are you, and what have you done with my sister? Then next, you named him something so normal as Billy. Billy? Oh come on!

Ethington Family said...

Correction, I didn't name the dog, Seth did. Since the dog is a Scottish bread we thought of William and call him Billy... OKAY! Besides if we can't have another boy and name him William, Will, for short then I guess this dog will have to do. Ha ha. By the way, did I mention he is MELLOW! that is why I like him. All of our animals are usually crazy hyper- like my kids:)

Rachael said...

Ya, she must be a die hard, I agree. I skipped the puppy picture to read what you had to say! Ha!