Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, July 06, 2009

"Cope"ing the 4th Of July

Janey is home, and boy, does it make a difference. Not only is her mom no longer braking down into fits of weeping, but the house is once again alive with action. I guess I didn't realize just how much everyone depends on Janey for entertainment. Seth and Jeb played and actually got along great- for the most part. They played a little inside and little more outside, and was rarely making or "creating" messes. One day of Janey home and the hole house felt alive! At every turn there was some new invention or part of a game. Things I haven't had to clean in two weeks suddenly are getting a daily scrubbing. The noise volume easily doubled. It is so fun to have home our little ball of energy!

We had such a fun 4th of July with the COPE'S!!
This is Steve's toy. He brought his new sand buggy and took Issac and Mason to the coast to play. And they did! They had a couple set backs getting there, but once they started they had a blast, in fact we didn't hear from them until almost midnight. Lets just say Chrisy was getting a little worried.


Seth, Taylor, Janey and Sandy-kaye. Sandy-kaye flew home with Janey from Utah and spent a couple days at our house. It was fun for the girls, plus it helped Janey to have a buddy to fly home with- thanks Copes!



Kaze looks a little too comfortable posing infront of this car, hopefully it's not a glimps at some promising future.

The wonderful Copes. Steve and Chrisy are always so much fun to have come. Too bad it never last very long. We'll just have to get together more often!

My beautiful sister, Chrisy!

great friends and cusins, Sandy-kaye and Janey

Issac. He played hard all day and I hardly saw him because he was outside most of the time.


Jeb kept glued to Mason. I think he figured everyone had a play mate their own age, him and Mason matched up well. Remeber Jeb often tells people he's 14. Mason was a good sport, and such a handsome kid!

Taylor and Seth got along great. Funny story:
Taylor (just getting out of the shower and still in her towel) came up to Chrisy all upset because her mom had boughten her strawberry underwear. "Mom, I don't want to wear Strawberry short cake, everyone who sees it will think I'm a baby!" Taylor complained
"No one is going to see them Taylor, they are underwear. And no one will even notice what kind you have and think your a baby. Now go down stair and get them, I left them in the bathroom for you." Chrisy said. Now Seth was close enough to listen to the exchange, so when Chrisy told Taylor where they were at, he ran and got them and entered the room just about the time Chrisy got done explaining that no one would see them and think her a baby.
Seth walked in, handed the underwear to Taylor and said in his best teasing voice, "Well... Strawberry Short Cake... Huh?"
"SEE!" Taylor whined.

The kids ran through sprinklers and did the slip and slide, but of course I waited too long to take pictures and so Jeb is all I got.
Kaze in her loved boots. She starting her own trend.

While Janey was gone to Utah, I surprised her by painting her room the color she chose.



Jeb sleeping with Billy.


Jeb totally surprised me the other day. He picked flowers, and put them in this "vase" he found in the recyling bin (if that is not recyling- I don't know what is) and filled it full of water. Too bad none of the stems reached the water and they died pretty fast, but it was as pretty as my roses.

SEE!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

The vase of flowers is to die for!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it too!

Mandi said...

You're right, Mary, Chrisy is beautiful! I love that picture of Kaze in her cute little togs and boots. It sounds like you guys had so much fun!

Mandi said...

Hey Mary, I just wanted to let you know that All Purpose Musings is no longer used, so you can take it off. And our blog address is web.me.com/film.mark Just thought I'd give you the heads up. Love ya.