Yesterday, we were out buying things for our camping trip and I took the kids to the Dollar Store to pick out one thing they could each take with them (if it lasted that long). Janey chose a word search book and Seth a spy kit, with the agreement of sharing. By the time we arrived at the next store they were already arguing because Seth didn't really want to share all of it. He wanted to keep two big parts and only share one small piece. I gave Seth the Talk, about when giving his word it has to mean something and you can't change your mind just because you don't feel like sharing... you know the Talk.
So while we are in the store, Seth spots a wallet he really wants. He asked and asked for it. I told him I would not loan the money to him (he promised to pay back), but he could save up for it and I would bring him back to buy it then.
Janey in the meantime, paid close attention to which one Seth wanted. When no one was looking she picked it up and placed it in the basket. When it was time to check out, she put it on the belt and paid for it with her own money she had earned and saved up. She also bought Jeb the race car he was looking at. This is not the first time for Janey to do something like this. She bought Seth a $10 Batman blanket a few months back.
The boys were both so excited, but she didn't end there. She also gave Seth a dollar so that he would have something to put in his wallet. I told Janey she was very generous, and I love that about her, but that she should also save her money. You probably know that Talk too. She said, "It's all right mom, it was within my budget."
Thanks Janey for being such a great big sister and a wonderful example!! We love you!
1 comment:
Quick one?? Man, you are too cute! You have great kids, and I love what Jeb said to the driver.
Post a Comment