Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Fishing Trip

Brett took the kids to Mount Hood Tuesday to go fishing. Kaze is sick so I stayed home with her. Janey caught 3 fish, Jeb 2 and Seth 1. They all had a blast and ate their fish for dinner. We were happy to find out it only took an hour drive to reach this spot, so looks like we'll be going more often.

Right before the fish were gutted and cooked.


Janey with one of her fish

Jeb, the proud fisherman!

Seth (not so sure he likes to hold the fish that way). He has a fighter, for a little guy.
The kids had all kinds of fish stories to tell when they got home. At least they were pretty honest about the size. When I asked Jeb if he caught a big fish, he said, "No, it's just tiny."
In the car the other day we were talking about their fishing day and that lead to how Kaze is sick and how none of them has "EVER" been that sick and Seth said, "Janey remember when I drown and Dad jumped in to save me and left you and you almost drown."
Jeb, who was not even born when this happened and can't swim, pitched in, "and Jebby (because he talks in 3rd person) wasn't drowning, he was just swimming." I guess he decided he didn't want to be drowning in this story.


2 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm with Seth. I don't think I'd want to hold a fish that way either.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I love that you comment!
me