Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Baking ideas

Okay, this might seem like a weird post, but for anyone who knows me will understand... I'm weird, plus I like to bake. :)

New things I have been trying when making cookies and have liked the results:
-instead of a cup of butter, I add a cup plus one Tab. If I lived in Utah or somewhere the elevation was high, I would use 1 cup marg, and 1 Tab butter.

-I like to grind oats into powder to add to the flour. I also sometimes add ground golden Flax seed, and I almost always add cinnamon and extra vanilla. I have even blended gram crackers to a fine powder and added it to the flour amount. It gives the cookies a nice twist- Just be sure you don't over do it because it will make the texture tacky tasting. I usually add ground oats, with ground gram crackers and flour, and I love the taste.

- The last thing I almost always do, is add a little cream of tarter or baking powder. Just a half a tea. the texture is better and it does not change the taste. The cream of tarter makes the top look crackled. You may notice in my pictured cookies.

I will be adding a few dinner recipes soon, and maybe add pictures to go along with them, but we'll see- I'm not promising anything. :)

No comments: