Thats right! I went more than a YEAR without posting. In my defense, I am really busy (says every mom everywhere). So no more excuses. I'm just lame.
I would like to start off by saying, WOW! my kids have changed. Seth grew 6-7 inches in the last year and probably only gained 10 pounds. He no longer eats like a bird though so I'm hopeful he will start putting on weight, so maybe we can share pants. No, not really, well maybe if he let me. :)
Janey the stinker, stopped growing and therefore will never share pants with me. Its just like her too. She has much better taste in clothes than me and buys really cute stuff. Yet, her whole body is just smaller so she can where my shirts and some stuff but I can't wear anything of her's.
Jeb is on the verge of looking like a teen. He is 12 but has that look where you just know he's going to start sprouting up. He is becoming quite the chef. He loves to bake as much as me, but he cooks too. I will have to post some of his receipts. He loves looking them up and trying knew things.
Kaze is suppose to be my baby, but the girl talks and acts like a teenager most the time. She is tall for her age and witty to boot. She often makes me laugh. I love though that she still cuddles and is my best house cleaner. Which is nice since I'm gone so often.
Brett is truly one of my most favorite people. The guy can make me laugh and I love how he teases and even flirts with me still. I have to say, I give it right back. I also have to admit begrudgingly, that I'm not near as witty, or clever as he is. I often have felt that if I could pronounce all the words in my head that may or may not be pronounced correctly even in my head I would be so witty. I swear, I have a huge, clever vocabulary up there just waiting for my other body parts (mainly my tongue) to catch up.
With all that being said, we are doing great! Janey is a junior now and currently playing softball. She played volleyball too and that is her true love as far a sports go. Seth just finished up playing basketball for the high school. He is a freshman this year and so he and Janey are both there together. Seth also played and lettered in football, his favorite sport. Thats the beauty and downfall of a small school. The team wasn't big enough to have a true JV team so he played some varsity. He lettered but would have loved more playing time on a JV team. Jeb finished up his second year of playing basketball and loved it so much that when he was asked if he wanted to play spring basketball he chose that over baseball. He too also played football and loves both sports probably equally. He is fun to watch because he started playing for the first time last year and has improved so much in that years time, its pretty awesome to watch. Kaze played basketball this year as well and loved it. She learned some of the basics and even a few plays. Her coach and team were awesome and they ended up doing really well, winning second in their league.
Brett and I went to Hawaii for the first time this winter and loved it! We love sending time together and with family. We just joined a gym and have gone together a few times. Brett is in the process of building a deck to replace the one that was leading to our front door and its pretty impressive. Holy cow! there is so much math involved in building. Who would have thought that guy would be such a perfectionist! Let me just say, it does not extend into the cleaning of the house! It is fun to watch that guy build anything though because he doesn't cut corners and everything turns out beautifully.
Well, now I must end because he wants me to run to Home Depot with him to get another beam. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment