Brett took Seth shooting last week, and bought him a new bow and a few arrows. They came home and shot some more. Janey just thought that was the coolest thing ever, and they took turns. Since we have a strict "no shooting without a parent watching" rule, I ended up watching them for an hour while Brett went in and got ready for work. Yesterday, Janey said to Brett, "So are you taking me tomorrow, since I didn't get to go last week?"
Brett- "you want to go?"
Janey- "YES!"
Well Brett was actually feeling sick and knew he wouldn't feel like waking up at 5:30am. He did make it up to her though, he took Janey and Seth to the store to buy Janey her own new bow and some arrows. Then they practiced all morning with Brett.

They are getting pretty good too. This target was getting a little boring for them though, so they talked me into walking them a half mile of the field into the canyon to shoot there. I spent 45 watching them shoot targets (as they pretended it was a bear) and chasing down their arrows when they missed. We did lose one arrow. I received several scratches from blackberry bushes and uncomfortable stinging as I tromped through the woods and into stinging metal trying to retrieve Janey's arrow. I wasn't exactly in the best attire (flip flops and shorts). Next time I'll know better!

This is Seth showing off his knew bow and his arrow quiver (I was going to call it a pouch, but Brett corrected me). Brett made (yes made) this arrow quiver pouch thingy out of leather. It even has Seth's name carved into it. It is really cool.

Here is a better look. And no disrespect for calling it a thingy. I am actually really impressed.

And on a completely different note, look how much better Kaze's eye looks. While Janey and Seth are finding enjoyment outdoors shooting at targets. Kaze enjoys disassembling my computer and printer. We have got to buy her some toys!

Janey, Seth and Jeb have been cracking me up, because lately their favorite show has been a hunting movie. Brett brought it home, and they just keep watching it. They can't seem to get enough. Brett, as you can guess, is loving it. Look at all the hunting companions he will have.
4 comments:
Hey Mary, you can tell you kids they can go to the olympics as archers. That is an olympic sport. They look so cool standing out there with their bows! And I'm impressed with Brett's handiwork. I'm glad to see Kazey's eye looks better. What a sweetheart.
How fun for the kids. And you, you do it all, and with a smile!!! I'm glad there is a "fun" place for my kids to come and play!
Becki,
your a sweetheart! Thank you for the nice compliment!
mary
Your kids are just too, cute. I am sorry to hear about Kaze's eye but I am glad your prayers were answered and that she is OK. So fun to stay in touch this way. Janean, needs a blog, I haven't seen her for years and we live in the same state!!!
Post a Comment