Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Seth!!

Don't ask why this is underlined. All I can say is I pushed something I didn't mean to, and can't figure out how to get it off.
Anyway, Janey is posing for her own camera. I actually bought her one for her birthday back in August, but it was a no name off of ebay (this is where Brett would say "told you so"). I would have listened to him too, if he had been home when I was getting this "good deal". Instead I happen to come upon it with 50 seconds to go, and due to my excitement at finally going to win one I broke the big rule of ebay. Look at why NO one is bidding. Just my luck it was an expensive dollar store camera. It never really worked.
So Janey asked for a camera for Christmas and this time a bought one from a store and a brand I had heard of. It cost me $20 less than her birthday one. I have hopefully learned my lesson. (This is where Brett is thinking, "I hope so, but doubt it")
Look how Cute Janey looks, and look how annoying these lines are!!
This is Janey having fun with her camera. She has worn out 3 sets of batteries in one week. See Jeb in his undies on the top bunk. (Yes! no lines- don't ask what I did. This is where I don't ask, just count my blessings.)
Seth turns 7! He is getting so old. I love this boy! Seth is so great. He is so easy to be around. He is kind to mostly everyone (with exception to Jeb who pushes Seth's buttons) Seth loves spending time with Brett and looks forward to every hunting trip. He really loves exploring our "forest" and riding his bike. He loves playing games with Janey, Brett and me, and usually wins. He is a great sport, not being very competitive (not sure how that happened). Thanks Seth for making my life that much better!

I had to post this picture because of Jeb's face. This is the Nacho Libre face I talk about.
The Spencer's were able to make it to Seth's birthday, which was great because we were pretty snowed in still and I was afraid he wouldn't have much of a party. Thanks to everyone who made him feel special on his birthday!

This will be backwards, but I will put Christmas pictures later. I took those on Brett's camera since Janey hadn't opened hers yet.
Just to let you know, WORST gift to buy your kids under 5- silly puddy! Jeb slept with it and I ended up throwing away his new PJ's that you see him sporting here and Janey's sheets (since he graced her with his presents that night).




2 comments:

Marc and Rachael said...

Yay for good cameras.

And as far as "looking trim", yes, I lost 3 pounds the first night I was on the diet, then 7 pounds by the 3rd day and I lost 10 pounds by the 10th day. I have stayed at a loss of 10 pounds and am slowly working my way back to eating regular food. It has been nice to shed a few pounds and keep them off for the last 4 weeks, we'll see if my thyroid cooperates with me...

Mandi said...

How do you happen to look beautiful in EVERY STINKIN' PICTURE? It's so unfair and so not in the genes. So, Spill. What do you do?