Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our House

So we moved in!! Sorry about the long delay, but we just got our Internet hook up a couple days ago and Brett hasn't been off since, just kidding. I have just found other things to take up my time.
The move went really well thanks to the Durst's, Richardson's and Spencer's! We appreciate your help a ton. Especially since we had a crash course moving day. We closed later than expected so everything had to be out and done in two days. It wasn't so bad until we came to Brett's shop!
All and all we were moved in and unpacked in a couple of days as well, it helps not to have much. I only have enough decorations for the upstairs. Guess I have to go shopping:)
This is the front of our home- bet you couldn't figure that one out.

another shot with the shop in view as well as the side lawn
The back

side lawn and shed/green house (and truck). Our lot goes about another 40 feet past the truck.


Janey's room. Yeah!! she finally has a room! Long story short, Janey as been in a half remolded room for about a year. I will paint her room as soon as she receives the quilt Brett's mom is making the girls (What a sweetheart- thanks Mom!) I want to match it.
front entry or door, before and after paint.

Kitchen before and after paint, as well as our paint samples.
There's jeb's head. He thought I was taking it of him, it's the only way he would let me take any picture at all.
Family room and eating area of kitchen, both before and after paint.

Family room- hard to see the finished on because we don't have a light in there... yet, but you can see she the basic idea.

We have quiet a few plans, like tile and new carpet and as much as we love the white and pink fire place hearth we are going to replace it.... someday. I just hate to change it too quickly and have Janey feel bad (she likes anything that looks like a grandma- sorry mom I'm talking older grandma).
The kids are surprisingly loving their new school. I was worried because of how much they loved their other school. They were not at first excited about this change, but now love it. It helps they are out two hours earlier. Janey has had many compliments on what a sweetheart she is, which is always nice to hear. Seth is always such a good boy, and I'm just grateful that Jeb is not school age yet and has not tainted our rep. I say that only half kidding. He still needs time to mellow out.
He has been cracking me up though, just a couple of days ago I found a sore on his back and asked how he got it. he told me the pirates got him. "I closed my eyes for just a minute and they got me, but don't worry, they died." he added. He always keeps me on my toes.
Kaze has been sleeping in until 9am and even 10am. Our last house was so noise and everyone so close that I just assumed she was an early raiser. Poor girl is trying to catch up on a year's worth of less sleep. Well I'll keep up dating now that I'm settled. Hope everyone is doing well!

For those of you who don't know, my brother's house burned, I am so grateful everyone is ok, and I love you guys! Take care!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your house...thanks so much for having us over! xoxo

Rachael said...

Which brother???

And the house looks fab!! You are such a good decorator--kudos!

1boy4girls said...

So cute! I can't wait to come out and see it it person! Let me know what your schedule is...

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys!!

Nancy said...

Congrats Mary, the house is so cute. You have been busy decorating and painting. We are painting our basement right now and I am hating it. It's a bigger job than I expected. I'm glad you posted I was waiting for an update. BTW-Where is this house?

Rachael said...

Oh, my word! That is so awful! I am so glad that everyone was safe!! Did they lose everything? Pictures, family videos that kind of stuff, or were they able to save some things?? Is there anything I can do to help?

Mandi said...

It's about time you got something else on here. I was *this* close to never checking this blog again!

I LOVE your house. It looks like it has a nice yard, with lots of grass, but other places to play too, without grass, so the kids can dig and climb trees and stuff. I like what you've done to the inside too. You have such a great style.

Where did you end up putting Brett's bear?

Rebecca said...

Very Nice! I'm so happy for you guys! We already miss you in the ward though. : (

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rebecca!
mary

Jami said...

I love your new house! You are good at decorating.