Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Bet!

Janey and Seth attempted sleeping outside in their club house, but didn't make it through the night.
Brett, being the sympathetic dad he is said, "so you guys were chicken, huh?
Janey: "no, we weren't"
Seth: "yea, Dad, we weren't scared!"
Brett: "But you didn't sleep out all night, because you were scared."
Janey: "no way."
Brett: "I bet you can't spend all night outside."
Janey: "We'll bet you $20 that we can."

They spent the last two nights outside. The first night Janey used a huge blanket and sticks to make a tent. The second night, Brett put the real tent up for them.
The next day, I went out and asked why they weren't doing their chores. They told me they were camping and couldn't do chores. I gave them each a plastic sack and struck a deal.
"If you guys walk around the house and pick up all the trash you see, and you stay outside all day till you're ready to come in and take a bath. You can camp." I said
They agreed. I got the house clean, and it stayed clean and then I read a book. It was great.
However, Jeb did manage to sneak in and dump out 5 of my spices in my cupboards. Then he poured all my salt into my butter. I also caught him opening all the crackers in the pantry, even though we have some of the exact same kind in the kitchen already open. I had to shoo Jeb back out a few times.
Other then Janey and Seth having to go to the bathroom, they hardly came in. I brought them their meals and snacks and we had picnics on the lawn. I'm thinking if I just get a port-a-potty for outside, I'm set.
(I think Janey is stealing her Aunt Mandi's Fashion style- minus the dirt of course! You should see how dirty they get when they are actually caming!)

This is the tent they slept in the second night. It is quiet a beauty and they loved it. We are so ready for camping. They have only been on one true camp out so far this year.
I discovered one of our hens next to the porch hiding. I told Brett and he figured she had been there for a couple of weeks. Well a week ago I came home to a surprise. Her chicks had hatched. The kids were so excited. She had 5 and they are so cute to watch. The mom walks around the yard with them, and they all follow so close. It is the cutest thing to see her take them out for walks and feedings.
My mini Brett. Kaze's hair is getting long enough to somewhat put in a pony tail on the top of her head. Her hair also seems to be getting lighter. She is the happiest little thing. If she is crying, all you have to do is say her name, and she will turn and smile at you.
We all went swimming last night and the kids had a blast, but my favorite was to watch Brett and Kaze together. Kaze LOVED the water. She splashed and would flex every time it would get in her face so that her whole body would become stiff. She smiled all night long. By the time we left though, she was falling asleep in my arms.

2 comments:

Mandi E said...

So did Brett have to cough up $40 then, since they spent two nights outside?

Ethington Family said...

No! he bought them a treat and they called it good. I need to teach my kids a thing or two, but it comes in handy for me too.