Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not for sale (or dumpster)

While I visited Utah this summer, I went to my sister Sandi's and saw some beautiful flower arrangements she made. She convinced me they were easy to make and gave me a quick lesson.
Well for a couple of weeks I gathered the stuff, and then slowly finished it up. As I did it, I hoped for it to look better. Brett didn't share that hope. He was pretty sure it would still look hideous. (Say this with "the Skeleton" from Nacho Libre in mind).
Well here you have the final result. I have to admit that after several days of looking at it, I no longer want to hide it, but put it for everyone to see. Not because it's so pretty (as you can see) but because I hurt my fingers twisting that wire around each flower stem. Brett has not felt the same appreciation for it, and threatens to throw it away. But I say, "If I can put up with your dead deer heads, and bear furs (and skulls) hangings all over the house, you can handle my home made flower arrangement."

I have had a few people say they like when I have posted recipe, so here is my favorite cream pie.
Symphony Pie

Buy two large Symphony candy bars and melt one and a half down in a double boiler. Once melted, cool for just a minute and add cool whip (12 oz.) and stir well. Put in an Oreo pie crust, and cut some of the candy bar and sprinkle on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

There is also a variation you can try with marshmallow. If you melt one package of marshmallows are one jar into the chocolate, make sure you let the pie set up in the fridge overnight. They are both good.

3 comments:

Paco Belle said...

Good for you Mary! Way to try your hand at something new! I think it looks great! The pie looks SO SO good - gonna have to make it now! I'd rather you just made it and brought it over though :-)
Love you and yours -
Michele

Mandi E said...

I don't know what Brett is talking about. I think your flowers are bloomin' gorgeous. (Excuse the pun). Your skills are many and varied, Mary. I applaud you for trying something new.
Love you!

Keri Cranmer said...

I think your flowers are great! I like to dabble a bit in the flower arranging department myself. I am always so proud of my creations, whether anyone likes them or not!! (If I'm not proud of them I don't think anyone else would be!! lol) You look awesome in the picture, just so you know. I am impressed, and of course a bit jealous. Take care.