Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

WE MISS JANEY!

We had a ward party for the 24th July. It was a lot of fun and they had several activities for everyone to do. As you can see by this first picture below, they had face painting. I thought they did a really good job!

Molly and Grace Durst, Ali Nelson, and Victoria Suchanski
Brett
Me and Kaze (notice the darling new hair bow my friend Bridget gave her)
Lucy Durst and Chloe Nelson. They had a butterfly put on their faces

On Monday, Brett's mom stayed with us for two nights and when she left on Wednesday she asked if she could take Janey home with her for two weeks. My first thought was, "I don't think so, it's too long." Brett felt he would miss her too much too. After talking about it though, and knowing both Grandma and grand daughter would love it, we decided to leave it up to Janey. Janey was thrilled with the idea, so we let her go.
I have been missing her live crazy! It is amazing how it feels like two kids are missing, our house seems so empty. I have learned a few things in her absences though:
1) Seth talks a lot when Janey's not here. Seth has always been my quiet one. We can drive to Diane's (WA) and he will not have said a word, that I think he's asleep. Janey on the other hand will have talked non stop. We were in the car 30 minutes yesterday, and he barely took time to breath.
2) Seth can do a lot more than he lets on. He always does his chores, but when it comes to getting his own breakfast or helping with Jeb he plays the helpless card. He not only got himself dressed and breakfast, he also made sure Jeb was dressed for the day and had breakfast (and all without being asked!)
3) Jeb is not as hyper without Janey, but a little more clingy to me. Janey must really mother him. He has always loved being around her.
4) The boys aren't sure what to do with themselves all day. Janey is usually the one who comes up with activities for them and keeps them entertained. We all miss Janey.
Since Janey has been gone, I decided to do something for her. Her room is undone, still in the middle of construction. It has been like that far longer then we planned. Because of that, it has become the drop off spot for everything that doesn't have a place yet in the house. I decided to make her room more a room regardless. I worked all morning making her room more roomy and comfortable. I then scrubbed the walls and floor. After, I had to organize and clean the garage since that was were everything ended up. Since I was on a roll, I deep cleaned and organized the boy's room. I was feeling pretty good by this point, so after my basic cleaning of the rest of the house, I vacuumed my car, router ed the boards I make, and then took a scrub brush to some of the oil spots to the driveway (not that it did a lot of good). I then, decided to re organize the garage, deciding I would like it better a different way. That about killed me. I decided to put our heavy tent on our top shelve and move the sleeping bags. There was a reason, I guess, that I had the light sleeping bags up that high. When I was lifting that heavy 60 pound tent over my head, I lost balance and fell off my stool, stumbled back almost falling on Brett's table saw. That would have been fun. I caught myself though, and I like the tent much better on top:)
When I get like this, all I want to do is work and clean. I don't want anyone to touch what I've done and it's annoying when I feel hunger and have to take a break to eat or fix the boys something. Too bad really, but the feeling can't be helped and it doesn't come very often. I made bread and jam the day before, so rest your mind, none of us starved. Before, any of you are inclined to be impressed, I must admit, that I was rather gross all day. I went to the gym that morning at 5, and didn't bother getting changed or showering all day! I knew I wanted to get some work done and I wouldn't be as anxious to, if I was already ready for the day. I did finally shower though.

4 comments:

Mandi E said...

Maybe we should call you tornado. Except you don't destroy things. You whirl around organizing. Can you do that at my house, because the tornado gene must be lost on me.

Candie Miller said...

Mary-
So good to hear from you! Your blog is great, and your kids are adorable!It is so fun to see what everyone is up to from good old SFHS. How lucky you are to live in Oregon--what a beautiful spot of the world. We live in Logan and really enjoy being here. Thanks for writing--Keep in touch!
Candie Miller

Call me Hehaw said...

ok can you give me some your energy? Just a little? Please!

Ethington Family said...

Heather is doesn't last passed 5pm. I never want to make dinner and I want to go to bed by 8am. But if it's 5am, I'm good.