Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

You got to love Walmart!

So the other day I woke early and couldn't go back to sleep. As I laid in bed and thought of all I needed to do, I figured I might as well get the day going. It was 4am and the gym doesn't open till 5am, so I decided to do my shopping at Walmart (got to love the "open 24 hours").
As I walked into Walmart with my shopping list in hand, I noticed the three main isle I needed were closed off due to floor waxing (price you pay for shopping with no one else.) Looking at my watch and seeing I had 40 minutes before the gym opened, I asked the man working there how long until I could shop those isle. His answer, "20 minutes."
Great. I quickly did the rest of my shopping. About 20 minutes later, the worker came up and told me in broken English that I could enter the isle. He lift the rope for me and motioned me inside. As I was grabbing the items from my list, another female worker reached over the rope to replace something and spotted me.
"Excuse me miss, you can not be in here. that is why they have it roped off." Said the unfriendly worker.
"I know that, but the man said I could." I explained
Apparently not believing me, she gave me a look of disgust, and went to the next isle asking in what she must have thought were hushed tones. "Did you tell that lady she could go in there?"
He must have told her yes, because she walked by with another scowl, but not another word.
I do love that Walmart hospitality!

Then yesterday, I went to Walmart arriving at 9:01am (this becomes important later). I go in with Seth, Jeb and Kaze, and having my purse and valuable, left the van unlocked (I already got lectured from Brett). At 9:52am, I come out to load my stuff and see a hand harp still in it's box with the receipt placed on top of the box sitting in my passenger seat. I don't know how it got there, but after examining the receipt I learned it was purchased at 9:04am that same day and was paid for with cash. The person who bought in only bought this harp and a two liter pop. I dropped it off with the greeter, thinking maybe the person got into the wrong van, realized it and got out. But why leave like the only thing they bought? It is a mystery I may never know.
*A fun side note: I had one of those harps when I was a kid.

6 comments:

Call me Hehaw said...

Whats a hand harp? that's weriod...

Ethington Family said...

it is a wood shaped triangle with cords across the front. it comes with sheet music that slides up between the wood and cords to show where to pick. it was fun when i was young and thought i knew how to play an instrument.

Cal said...

I just did a little catching up on your blog and you guys always look like you are having so much fun. BTW if you get lonely next time Janey goes to Grandma's, I have two girl I could borrow out to you, they're cute too. Craig

Mandi E said...

Mary, how bizarre! Ooo, I know. It was a bomb. Good thing you got rid of it!

1boy4girls said...

Yes, you gotta love Wal-Mart! I have a total Love-Hate relationship with that place. I HAVE to shop there, with a family of 7, I can't afford to shop at other grocery stores, but the service is horrible and I always come back feeling antsy!

Jones' Adventures said...

Hey Mary! You look so great I love your hair curly!! I was excited to see your comment on my blog, glad to hear from you!
Darling family!
Misty