Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

I am Thankful

Before I start today's post, I should mention, I had a really good time shopping yesterday. I ran into some wonderful people. Some I just meet and some I already know and adore. They were fun to talk to, see and hang out with. They even helped me get everything I wanted. So thank you my awesome friends! You guys are all great!

I know I promised Thanksgiving pictures, but I only had my camera this morning and some of these were too good to wait. I will do Thanksgiving still, just a little later.
I know it seems I have been show casing Janey lately. Well, truth is she is going through that stage when sometimes she can be very difficult. She is very strong willed (like her mother) and independent. She sees thing the way she wants it done and goes for it, even if it's sometimes not what we want. However, she is very obedient most of the time, with a sweet, kind heart. For the last couple of days she has been extremely helpful, sweet and well... funny.

Yesterday, after she had watched the boys so I could take a nap. I went into her room and found her doing step aerobics. While I was watching I saw her drop down and do 44 BOY push ups, with only a small 30 second rest at half point. I was amazed! I am signing this girl up for karate.
They all bundled up and played outside all day. They looked too cute to not take a picture. Janey made the boys pasta for lunch, fed them and helped me clean up the mess. This morning she came in at 8am she came in and said, "You don't have to worry about the chores. I did all mine and Seth's too. I wanted to make sure they were all done."
"Plus, mom since you're not feeling good, why don't you let me take care of the boys and you go back to sleep."
I was so tired and relieved to see Janey. I of course, thanked her and accepted! I woke 30 minutes later to her feeding the boys toast up to the table.

She is now in the back room playing with the boys. She as a list of activities for them to do. She is such a wonderful, sweet little girl. I feel blessed daily to have her in my home. How did I get so lucky to have such special kids?
Not to leave out the others, Seth is my most even tempered. He is so easy to get along with and kind. He is tender and thoughtful. He is such a good helper and cleaner. He usually goes along with anything I have going without fighting me and usually always has a good attitude.
Jeb is full of love. He always has a smile, hug, kiss and a thank you for me and everyone. YES, he is a handful with a bundle of energy, but thanks to Janey for entertaining him most of the time- it's not so hard any more. He is very strong willed! but he does like to please.
Kaze is a sweetheart with many expressions. She keeps us laughing with all her dirty looks, cheesy grins and growls. She is one funny little character. I love my kids. I am thankful I have the privilege to be their mom!


2 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, where do my kids sign up for the classes?? JK, she is such a helper--that is great!

Ethington Family said...

oh trust me, it's not an everyday thing. She has her good days, and bad and even good minutes and bad in the same great day.