Well Back to the story at hand. I was busy getting things together for Brett's hunt and asked Janey to watch the boys so I could do it quickly. I walk into the kitchen to see that she had them sitting up to the table eating dinner. I had made Minestrone soup that night and really didn't think any of them would eat it, but was shocked to see that all three had finished their bowls. I asked Seth (who is by far my pickiest), "Seth, did you like it?'
"No," he answered
"But you ate it." I said, not caring that he didn't like it, just happy he ate it.
"Mom, that is because he had to. We played a game with the dice. We all took turns passing it around, and whatever you rolled you had to eat that many bites." Janey (the awesome, and creative babysitter) explained.
So as a result of Janey's awesomeness, All three kids ate their dinners and in record time. And Janey had them take their bowls to the sink! Now if she could work her magic on Brett (ha ha)
7 comments:
what a sweetie that Janey is! Too cute!
And I bet you are soo excited for a new addition to your walls. I hope Brett enjoys his trip. Call me if you need me!
Thank you- you're a sweetheart. I hope he gets something, but just small enough he doesn't want to mount it. We only have so many walls. *grin*
Good job Janey!!!
Hey there! I just wanted to leave a comment letting you know that I am going private with my blog. You are welcome to continue viewing it, but I will need your email address. So if you're interested in still viewing our blog contact me.
bllrdowney(at)gmail(dot)com
Hey Mary - It's so good to hear from you! Your husband reminds me of Matt - always excited to go out hunting! :) Personally, I don't understand how it can be so fun, but hey - as long as they are having fun, that's all that really matters. Take Care!
Can you send Janey to my house? I could use a babysitter like that.
AND you are the nicest wife. I hope Brett realizes what a gem he has in you, because if my husband routinely took off to have a great time with his friends for weeks at a time, while I stayed home doing the norm, I don't think I'd be spending days baking to prepare him for it. It's a good thing you got to come to Utah. And that's all I have to say about that.
You know I love you.
Maybe oneday we will have to hang out while they go hunting! Those are some nice pictures. Janey is creative! That is great, I might take the idea.
Post a Comment