Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, November 03, 2008

Kaze turns 1

Kaze turns 1 and enjoys her cake!

Seth and Janey. Janey ready to talk (where does she get that from?)
Hummm, Maybe I do like this.
Happy Birthday to you!
I'm still learning how to put these pictures on in order. I guess I did it backwards again.

November 3, 2008
I don't know if I should be thrilled or scared! (and this time I'm not talking about the election).
Today all my kids stayed home from school because they are sick. It was pretty easy to tell Seth was sick. He ran a fever most of yesterday (I took him home early from church). Then last night he woke up twice. Once with a bloody nose and a bad cough and sore throat, and the second time because he was cold and his throat still hurt.
Janey was a little harder to determine. She was fine yesterday expect around chore time, and today once she knew Seth was staying home she decidedly got worse. In fact, it was amazing how weak and raspy her voice became. Brett was the deciding factor, since he doesn't get fooled as easily as me. He concluded, she did have a small fever and should therefore stay home.
Kaze, though not in school, wins hands down on whose sickest. She woke up having thrown up all over her bed and shot out of her diaper. Then just as I cleaned all that up, I got to do it again this morning. I hate seeing her sick, but it's easier to clean up after her then the older kids. That kind of thing just gets yuckier as they get older.
Now, that brings me back to what I was referring to in my first sentence. Janey, being home all day and only semi-sick, likes to find things to fill the time. She came hopping (yes, I think she is feeling better) out of the bathroom announcing, "Jeb's teeth are clean!" I look over to see Jeb's teeth and see him swiping a cookie (because they are the best things for sick kids- you know) off the counter.
Before I could say anything, Janey explained how she got them so clean. "I unbent a paper clip and scraped his teeth. Then I used a clean tooth brush and water and brushed his teeth. I gave him some mouth wash and when he spit it out, I gave him a little drink to swish and then one to swallow. I got off all the plaque. So I'm like a dentist now."
"Good, then I can cancel our appointment." I answered.

1 comment:

Call me Hehaw said...

Your kids are so funny! I love how they think. I would feel much better if my kids were funny AND naughtey then it would help me smile instead of want to scream at them!I could just be a happy Mom. But NO mine are just Naughtey...
I want funny kids!!!!