Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween

This is my handsome husband, and though he was in the process of making a dorky expression for my picture, I think I took it just right and got a good one. What a Babe!
I didn't thank Brett on here yet for the great job he did while I was in Utah. He even had the house clean. I had to laugh when I saw the laundry though.
I said, "The house looks pretty good. I mostly just have laundry to do." (envision three heaping baskets full.)
Brett answered, "Oh no, those are washed. I just put them back in the baskets because I wasn't sure where to put them." (perhaps folding them and putting them away wasn't an obvious choice.) He continued, "There are only a few dirty clothes on top. But underneath they are clean."
I ended up re-washing everything. Since the dirty clothes were well mixed in, and Brett (bless his heart) did too big of loads and the clothes were stinky. But thanks anyway, Babe! I love ya!
Our newest member of the family is the dog next to Brett, Zoose. This was my welcome home present from Utah (like the time a got stuffed wood ducks for my birthday). Many of you know I'm not really the animal lover type. I love when they stay across the yard and I can enjoy them from there, but I do like horses. Zoose reminds me more of a horse (because of size and he doesn't jump up on me)- I like him. He likes me too. I even talk and he looks for me, comes over and lays on my legs. He's like a big, big baby, really.
You wouldn't want to mess with this bunch! Brett took the kids to the trunk or treat, where they all had a very good time. Kaze was still sick and so I stayed home with her.
This is our family of SUPERS. Brett and the kids carved their pumpkins while I was gone. By the time I got home the poor pumpkins had been re- designed by the chickens and missing most of their faces.

Rachael this is so you can have all the pictures we kept that my mom took.

Also, thank you for visiting me at my parents. It was hard to get out and visit with Kaze sleeping so much and so many family to see.
Can all of you see those beautiful flowers in the background? Those are to Mandi and me from my Dad. How nice is that?! I love him so much! He is known for his thoughtfulness. You will never meet a kinder man.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mary you are so dang sweet!! Really just the fact that you tried to stop by when you had so many family members to visit is so sweet!! I moved to Human Resources about 4 years ago. Your family is so cute. WOW and kudo's to Brett for staying home with the kids. I guess I will have to come and visit you!! Hope your baby is feeling better.

Rachael said...

Thanks, Mary.

Your kids look so cute in their costumes. And the dog is a good looking one--hope it works out for you.

Jami said...

You look like you had fun in Utah. It is nice to go home. I love your kids costumes. They look so cute. How do you like your new car? That is nice.