Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, October 06, 2008

Conference

General Conference was wonderful, and it always leaves me feeling renewed and inspired. Yesterday, while listening to one of the end speakers (I admit I can't recall his name), he talked on the here and now. That raising kids only last so long and then that stage is done, they're all grown up and out of the house. It broke my heart to think of all the times I put cleaning the house or keeping to my "schedule" ( I say "schedule" because it is my own thought up expectations of myself rather than things I've committed to do at a certain time.) instead of playing with or interacting with my children. How many times a day do they ask, "Mom, will you do this with us?" or "Will you come see this?"
Compare the times I actually say, "yes, I'd love to." to when I say "not now, maybe when I'm done cleaning the kitchen." It leaves me feeling a little disappointed with myself.
Brett, I think had to hold back a laugh when I suddenly in tears asked if I was a good mother. He never could understand how I could be fine and dandy one second and ready to burst with tears the next. However funny he thought it, he was the good husband and gave the right answer.
I desire to be a good mother and not just good, but fun! I want them to look back on growing up with fond memories the way I do. I want them to think of good times and laughing, not just learning lessons. I truly hope I can remember what is most important to me when it counts and let them know it by my actions.
On a completely opposite subject one of our cute baby chicks died.
I found this out two mornings ago when Seth and Janey came in from feeding the animals and gathering the eggs. Janey said, "Mom, I have bad news. One of the baby chicks drowned."
"Oh, are you serious," I said with true compassion, "did you take care of it?"
"Yes, Seth picked it up and put it in our club house." Janey said
"Oh, I don't think it's such a good idea to have it in there guys," I answered.
That is when Seth jumped in "Only until after Halloween Mom. We need it for our haunted house."
Needless to say, I was slightly grossed out.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Haunted house full of dead chicks--now that is creepy!!!

Call me Hehaw said...

I am laughing...hard....I love it!

BTW Janeys first name is? I might need to steal her name.... you don't mind, do you?

Call me Hehaw said...

Is Janeys first name Janey? or just Jane? I thought I remembered Aunt ellen calling her something diffrent....