Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What a morning!

Kaze woke up at 4am crying, so I snuck in and gave her a bottle (I know Cath- you're shaking your head that I should know better. That it isn't good for her teeth. I would expect nothing less from the wife of a dentist.) However, she went back to sleep...quickly. I thought, "good deal.... I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed, I might as well go to the gym."
Just as I was getting ready to change into work out clothes, Jeb comes running to the bathroom. "I want to sleep with you!" he whined. (sure sign of being tried)
"Jeb, you can't. You need to go back to your bed. It's too early and you're tired." I whispered.
"No I not tried. I want to go to your room." He insisted. Not wanting to wake up Brett earlier then was necessary, I told him I would "sleep" by him for a while (never really intending to sleep).
I laid by him with my eyes closed for a good 5 minutes. Every time I'd open them to check if he was asleep and it was safe to sneak out, he'd be staring at me. Before I knew it, I was actually asleep. So I missed the gym altogether. I didn't wake up until Brett was getting ready for work. Lucky for me, Janey and Seth were up then too. In fact, they said they had been up for at least a half hour. Today is Parent/teacher Conference which means- no school. Which explains why they are up at the crack of dawn, I could never get them up this early on school days- not that I'd want to.
Them waking so early means one of two things; 1) they'll be very hyper and crazy all day while cooped up in the house because it's raining (and Jeb adds "and cold") and is suppose to be all day. or 2) tired, and crabby and fighting because they didn't get enough sleep.
Considering they have been "spying" on me all morning. Sneaking to watch me (and not so quietly) then running off screaming when I pretend to "catch" them. And giggling when they think I haven't spotted them yet...I'm going with the first out of the two.
This should be an interesting day- maybe McDonald's play ground is in order.
1 hour later
Ok, so who needs McDonald's? The kids (and I wish I had a picture) are dressed in head to toe camo. Thanks to Brett, the kids have some warm hunting gear. They are pretend hunting in the "forest" next to our home. They just came in to give a report and went back out. They are having a blast! Seth thinks he even found racoon bones.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Well, you must have needed your sleep. Your kids are so creative!

Candie Miller said...

I love to hear about these days with your kids--it all sounds strangely familiar!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Mary, are you still in Utah? Nowhere in your recent stuff does it say... fill me in on what's up with you! My email address is stuck.invernal@gmail.com

Stephanie said...

By the way, that was me who deleted the comment. I must have had my fingers on the wrong keys, cause when I saw it, I couldn't read it!