Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Janey's "Best Day Ever"

This is Sandi's Jed. I just wish I had a picture of Cathy's Cannon. They are both fun characters!

Before I start on my own family, I have a story of my sister's to share. This is for you Sandi, since you don't do journals.

I just got off the phone with my sister Sandi and she told me the following story:

"I took Jed and Cannon to Carl's Jr. because I didn't really feel like watching them. So I was sitting there reading, not really paying attention, when I heard the other mother in the play area say, 'come down Johnny, we are leaving. You don't have to be talked to that way.'

I was a little embarrassed not knowing what my boys could have said, and felt horrible I wasn't paying attention. 'Were my boys being mean?' I asked.

'Yes! they were.' she answered curtly.

'Please don't leave, I will talk to them.' I yelled up for Jed and Cannon to come down. Then I began into my lecture about how this little boy is our friend and we should be nice to him.

Jed and Cannon said, 'John, sorry we called you poopy head."

Johnny answered, 'that's ok. Sorry for calling you monkey butt.'

The mom never looked my way the rest of the time."

I thought that was great! She hadn't heard her boy start it, but it couldn't have played out better.


Well the most exciting news of the week is Janey running for Student Council and winning her class rep. spot. She had to give a speak that she prepared and today she has to give it to all the third graders to see if she is chosen as the third grade council member. She is pretty excited. In fact, when I picked her up from the bus stop Friday she said, "This is the best day of my life. I won the class rep. then I got 5 catcha's (when you are being good). To top it off, someone put in the comment box they thought I was so nice to everyone. This is just the best day."

She repeated that statement 2 more times before the end of the night. Needless to say with her good attitude, it was a good night for all of us.

SO most of last week I cleaned. I cleaned behind and inside the fridge. I cleaned the top of my kitchen shelves. I cleaned around and under my bed with the small vacuum. I cleaned inside and under the couches. I did the kid's rooms and so on. Well apparently I made it look fun because I caught Jeb always trying to "help".

I walked past the bathroom and watched as he was using the toilet brush to unclog the toilet (which the only thing clogging it, was the brush shoved in it), He spraying the glade air freshener on the floor so that it pooled, then he had taken off his pants and was using them as a rag to wipe it up. I thanked him for his hard work and kicked him out. Just as I finished the bathroom, I heard water running in the kitchen. I walked in to see Jeb using the sprayer to clean his shoes and half the kitchen. He was so proud of how clean (though very wet) his shoes now were. I again thanked him and sent him out to play (which he refused because his shoes were now wet). Then I proceed to mop the kitchen floor for the 2nd time within 30 minutes.
I love that they want to help and usually my biggest challenge is letting them. It is so much easier to just do it myself. I know it doesn't teach them a thing though if they don't learn to do things themselves.

2 comments:

Call me Hehaw said...

congrats Janey!

Rachael said...

All of it---just too funny. And congrats to Janey!