Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I know, I know...another post?

Too many things to record, so sorry for another post. This is my journal though, so what I'm I to do- oh yeah, post!
Today while I was packing the kids' lunches, Seth asked, "Mom, how much do you love me?"
"With all my heart." I told him
"I love you too, and I'm glad you married Dad." He said
"Me too." I answered.
"Do you know why I'm glad you married Dad?" I nodded and he continued, "because if you didn't marry him you wouldn't have me."
"You're right." Before I could say more, Seth hurried on (smart kid to know you have to be quick to get a word in edge wise)
"I am so glad Dad is my Father (yes, he said that), because he takes me to do stuff, and spends time with me and is my buddy." Seth said
"And he loves you very much." I added
"yea, I all ready know that, he told me" Seth said in a very confident tone.
I thought it was so sweet to hear Seth talk about Brett that way. I figured I better document it, so I have it for my usage during his teenage years. (just in case)

Speaking of Seth and what a good boy he is. Now brace yourself this story is a little more PG rated. We were in the bathroom and I was fixing Seth's hair for school. I said, "you know Seth you are such a nice, good kid. That is something I love about you."
Seth, looked at me threw the mirror and answered, "I don't feel like a good kid."
Immediately, my alarm went up. How could my sweet boy think he wasn't good. I picked him up and sat him on the counter. "Seth, you are a good...." Before I could finish my sentence Seth let a very loud stinker.
He then began laughing and said, "I knew that was coming. I planned it, that is why I said I didn't feel like a good kid."
I had to laugh although I was stunned. How does a 6 year old think up these things. I guess it's because he's an Ethington!
Seth and Brett
I just posted this to show off Kaze's curly hair. It is so fun to have a curly hair kid. Quick note: I am adding this after the fact. I just found Kaze outside (Janey was "watching" her) with a chicken poop coming out of her mouth-gag! I washed her down and brushed her teeth, and it was all over her tongue. YUCK!
Everyday around 2pm, Jeb asks, "Mom, where's the kids?" and "let's go pick up the kids." We usually walk to the bus stop (which is at the end of my drive way and quiet a walk). Today we had only made it half way when the bus dropped off Janey and Seth. Jeb ran the remaining distance with is arms outstretched ready to embrace Janey and Seth. WE all miss them when they're at school.

3 comments:

Ann Yeaman said...

I have a few boys like Seth, only when there not yours they seem sweeter and funnier. Now if my boys fart next to me I have to run for my health.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Hey there! I just added you to my blog list too. Your kids are so cute and you look great! I have always thought you are one of the prettiest women I know, both inside and out. You have always been such an amazing example to those around you.

Cal said...

Oh Mary, I'm sure or atleast hope that Ellen gave you fair warning about what you where getting into marrying a Ethington boy. They're good guy's for sure, but stiiiiiiinnnnkkkk. They could drop a cow at 50 yards. How do you think they're such good hunters?
Like father like son- The next generation.