Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

School for Lunch


Please forgive me if I don't make a lot of sense or spell words wrong (more than usual). I have been up since 2am, don't ask it's a long story. Well not really.... I just couldn't sleep, as to way... I'm unsure. Yesterday I agreed to go to Janey's school to have lunch with her. She is Star student of the week and wanted to bring the class treats.
Lunch time is also Kaze's nap time. When I pointed out that fact to Janey, she whined, "think about your other daughter!" So knowing I would have a cranky baby but happy girl, I told her Okay. I drove around in the morning trying for Kaze to snooze a while so she would last during lunch hour, but to prevail. Realizing she still hadn't taken a nap and it looking like she wouldn't until in her own bed, I decided to arrive at Janey' classroom early, give treats while making an appearance and leave before lunch.
After Janey passed out the treats and showed off Kaze, I went up to her and let her know my plan. She looked at me with her big brown eyes, her arms wrapped around my waist and pleaded, "No, mom. You said you would stay and I told everyone you were eating lunch with me." Before I broke her heart, and my own, I told her I would stay. So my sneaky plan back fired because now there was 15 minutes until lunch. I took Kaze and Jeb out to the hall so at least Jeb wasn't jumping off tables and taking student's chairs however in the hall he almost set off the fire alarm. Why do they have those things down so low? Lucky, I stopped him before he realized you pull down not up.
Once Janey and her class came out it was worth the wait to see the wide smile on Janey's face. She of course asked to hold Kaze as all the kids once again crowded around to get a better look. It was truly sweet to see how cute those kids were with Kaze and even Jeb. Jeb seemed to fit right in, giving people high fives and I even heard him making conversation in the bathroom (Yes, I know where he gets that from). My favorite was this little boy who seemed to be a "cool kid" at least in his mind he had it all goin' on. He asked, " Why is your little baby so cute?"
Playing the part of the modest mother, I said, "Oh, she looks like her Dad."
"No Doubt!" was his quick response. Ohh, I love third grade honesty! Since she really does, I couldn't have taken the credit anyway.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Mary! I know, it's been ferever since I even saw you last, but Kara told me about this blog where I could look at you all again and I got really excited! Your family is so cute and you look amazing! I hope you don't mind the blog stalking... it's so good to see you again though!
Stephanie Caldwell - Tucker

Mandi said...

I know I just told you this, but I'm saying it again... I think Kazey looks just like your baby pictures in this one! Total Mary smile!