Welcome to Our Blog!

I try to keep up with the happenings of life, but lately that seems impossible. I will try to add new recipes, so if you like to try new ones (especially desserts) check out the right hand side. Otherwise, WELCOME!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

School now in session!

Today was the first day of school, and I have to say I was NOT ready for my kids to be gone all day. I have often said, "I wish school was only 4 hours a day." It just seems that I don't have enough time with them once they finally do get home at 4pm. It doesn't help that bed time is at 8pm. That means we have to eat dinner, do chores, and homework before bed. The amount of homework that sometimes comes home takes up a good hour of that time. So when do they just play? I guess it's good we have teacher prep days about every week, huh?
After Brett gave Janey and Seth blessings for FHE, I did feel somewhat better. The kids however, have been thrilled about starting especially after I took them to meet their teachers yesterday. Janey just beamed the whole time she talked to her teacher and skipped to the car. Seth was a little more professional, keeping his look very business like. He barely cracked a smile, which made me laugh. He did say while we walked to the car that his teacher seemed nice.
So that brings us to today, which happens to also be my Dad's birthday (Dad, I love you. I have tried calling like 5 times.) Janey was dressed and ready to go by 7:30am and Seth 7:35am. I did have to round brush Janey's hair then, but we were still ready in plenty of time. They looked DARLING!! and since I didn't have the camera today, you are just going to have to take my word for it. Don't worry I never lie, and they were the cutest kids you have ever seen!
After school, I picked them up. Janey spotted me and came right to me, but no Seth. I went to the office to make sure they got my note....they didn't. One of the kind office assistant went to fetch Seth for me. When he came to the office he said, "Mom, why didn't you let me stay the whole day?"
"I did. Seth, school is over."
"I wanted go the whole day." (you can see how they were having separation issues, as I was)
"Seth, you did stay the whole day. I just am picking you up because school is over."
"Oh, next time can I just ride the bus?"
"Sure Seth, I missed you too."
Then later when I was asking them how their days went, Seth says, "Mom, did you really miss me?"
"Yes Seth, I missed you something fierce." I answered, trying to make him feel good.
"Funny, I hardly missed this place." Seth informed me. (apparently he wasn't worried about making me feel good)
Janey and Seth both love their new teachers and had a wonderful first day of school. I am so glad because that will make tomorrow a whole lot easier!

3 comments:

Ann Yeaman said...

Wait till Seth got hungry, then he would of missed you! It's a guy thing.

Ethington Family said...

funny that you say that. Seth just told me school was even more fun today, ecept they made him wait too long for lunch.

Adam said...

hey aunt mary.. here's my writing blog... http://adamcrwr.blogspot.com/